lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2020, 08:05 AM   #1
JBeck0421
Not Yet Wild

Default 2014 TXT lift and tire sizes

My cart is current stock height with 20.5 low profile tires. Other than a probable needed battery pack replacement, I am happy with its performance. I would like to lift it up and maximize the tire size with AT tires. This raised a couple questions as follows:

-Most importantly, I haul it on my 2019 F250 short bed when I go camping. I have to remove the tailgate to do so and want to make sure the rear tire stays on the bed of the truck while hauling (do not want it to sit on the bumper). I can easily do the math to figure this out but want to know if a drop axle lift increases the wheel base any? Or do the lifts just extend the axel straight down from its stock location?

-Second, the motor, controller, etc are all stock on a refurbished fleet cart. Should I be concerned at all with increasing the tire size. Max I will go is a 6" lift with 23" tires. 95% of the time I am on my hilly neighborhood roads or at the campground. 5% I will use it offroad. I don't care about being the quickest off the line or beating someone up the hill, just want to make sure whatever I do will not ruin the motor or controller (at least for a couple years until I upgrade again anyway :) )

Thank you in advance for your help.
JBeck0421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2020, 08:57 AM   #2
JBeck0421
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2014 TXT lift and tire sizes

Any input here? Again, main issue is fitting on my truck. Otherwise I just want to get a little lift for when I do go offroad. From my research the past couple days, going up to 22" tires is acceptable with stock controller, but my neighborhood is very hilly. Uphill speed is not a huge concern for me, but I absolutely do not want to burn up my motor or controller just to get some extra clearance. I was hoping for some real world advice on tire size. 4" lift with 22" tires is what I was hoping, but at the end of the day I want to do whatever is smartest. I am not opposed to a controller and solenoid upgrade a year or two down the road, but just not right now. New battery pack and lift and tires will deplete my budget for a couple years. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-13-2020, 10:31 AM   #3
justinsane
Not Yet Wild

as long as you have solid batteries and the recommended battery cables, you will not burn it up with the 4 inch. You will be slow up hill but it will climb. Are you running 36v or 48v currently? wheel base will be determined by the lift, i have had bad luck with aftermarket lift kits from China so stay away from those even though you can save a little bit.
justinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 10:52 AM   #4
JBeck0421
Not Yet Wild

I am 48v. I can only assume stock battery cables but will confirm (never had any issues ). I will shoot for 22" tires and whatever lift to accommodate the tires and my truck bed. As long as the stock controller will work, I have no concerns.
Old 05-14-2020, 02:56 PM   #5
ridehard84
Not Yet Wild

some lift kits give u a longer wheel base a few inches or more. I think I have a jakes lift and it made the cart longer so if you are trying to stay in the bed maybe have some people with same cart and a lift measure theres to be sure u fit.
ridehard84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO