lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2020, 08:34 AM   #1
So_Cal_Street_Beast
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2016 EZGO TXT 6" Spindle Lift Kit Question

I am half way through lifting my 2016 TXT. The front went smoothly but when I got to the rear end I ran into a snag. My brackets for the brakes seem to be in the way of the lift block supplied in the kit. In the images in the instructions this doesn't seem to be an issue and appear to be mounted on the bottom of the hub. I tried doing some research online, videos and images and I can't seem to find a case where the brake brackets are mounted at the top like mine are. I'm not sure if this means they were mounted incorrectly prior to me owning the cart? Or, if this is common and I need to flip them 180 degrees? If this needs to be done I would guess I would need to not only spin them 180 but also swap the left with the right so that the brake cable connects in the back like it does now. Is there anything I am missing? Anything to be concerned with?

Lift Kit: MadJax 6" spindle. (I did confirm the part number for my kit is the correct kit)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4973.jpg (216.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4974.jpg (220.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4975.jpg (211.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4976.jpg (209.4 KB, 0 views)
So_Cal_Street_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2020, 10:30 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2016 EZGO TXT 6" Spindle Lift Kit Question

I have seen this many times, and it tends to be left out in the instructions....but you are right, you can flip them from left to right which will put the bracket at the bottom....but this could bring something else into view, now your cables may be too short to reach, and if that's the case, you will need to buy longer cables.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 12:18 PM   #3
So_Cal_Street_Beast
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Sir Nuke. After looking a little closer it appears its not as simple as removing the bracket and swapping. Do I really need to take the entire wheel assembly apart ot remove that bracket?
So_Cal_Street_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 01:45 AM   #4
zwgolfcart
Not Yet Wild

based on my understanding most rear lift parts for txt are designed for 2001.5-2013.

don't know if madjax developed one for 2016 txt.
zwgolfcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO