lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2020, 07:34 PM   #1
Pepper64
Not Yet Wild

Default Wheels move then stop moving?

Hello, I am new to this. I have a 2007 -36volt PDS . Ezgo With it on Jack stands ,key on,switch in forward. Step on pedal, solenoid clicks, wheels turn , then you hear a.light click and wheels slow down and stop. If you.let off pedal and do it again ,it will do same thing. I sent controler out for repair and upgrade to 400amp. They replied that they didn't find anything wrong with controler. Battery voltage is 37.5 , could it be the throttle sensor?
Thanks
Pepper64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2020, 07:44 PM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Wheels move then stop moving?

Yes it very well could be the throttle sensor, as a matter of fact it’s the first thing I thought of when you explained symptom...so the first thing to verify this is to pull up floor mat, take the four tiny Phillips screws off pedal group cap off and you will see the throttle sensor or ITS, make note of the way you pull it off and look at the back side(closest to the battery pack) and see if it is cracked or split...if it is this will be an issue if it isn’t already your issue...hopefully this is and we can high five with a virtual beer once replaced
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 07:48 PM   #3
Pepper64
Not Yet Wild

Thanks , I will look at this tomorrow night, thanks for info.
I will report out my findings. Thanks again.
Old 08-22-2020, 08:48 AM   #4
Pepper64
Not Yet Wild

Ok, it took some time but replace ITS coil and switch. Same results as before. Unhooked wires to motor and used 12volt jump box and tested , motor runs fine. Could speed sensor be kicking out solenoid or controller? If you slowly push pedal down wheels turn , then about half way it stops. Thanks for any suggestions on this.
Old 08-22-2020, 09:21 AM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Sounds like the solenoid has failed. Put a volt meter on pack negative and the controller side of the solenoid with the pedal pushed.. voltage should be pack voltage. If not is solenoid activating? Put meter on the two small terminals of the solenoid and push the pedal. Voltage? Have you put the cart in diagnostic mode?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 11:57 AM   #6
Pepper64
Not Yet Wild

Ok i will look at solenoid. It is a new one .but could be defective. It has diode also , I'm not sure how to test mode. Also put new forward/reverse switch, can I order wire harness from key switch to controller?
Old 08-22-2020, 12:36 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If reverse beeper is working. Put in neutral, turn key on, flip FnR switch from N to R 5 times stopping at N. Should beep 1-4 times telling you what chip if any is in it. May also beep some other codes so listen. Code list is on controller cover. Once you have done this press the go pedal and listen for codes.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 07:13 PM   #8
Pepper64
Not Yet Wild

Just got home from work, starting to get dark out. I will try that tomorrow, thanks for you support, hopefully I can get this thing going with out taking it to a cart shop..
Old 09-09-2020, 01:28 PM   #9
Pepper64
Not Yet Wild

Hello Everyone,
I'm still struggling , 2007 Ezgo 36 volt. PDS, sent Curtis controller out for repair and upgrade to 400amp .Guy said he didn't find anything wrong with controller and he upgraded and sent back . It has new H.D. solenoid, New FNR switch, New Throttle sensor- ITS and micro switch. all connections look good and are tight.
With cart lifted up, step on pedal slowly and wheels start to spin and at half throttle it clicks out and wheels stop spinning. put in reverse and slowly step on throttle, wheels start spinning all the way till pedal is all the way down. lower cart to the ground , and the cart will not move , in F, or R. After charging the battery pack , the most I get for volts is 36.4 volts . Any Help would be Greatly Appreciated...Thanks
Old 09-09-2020, 01:31 PM   #10
Pepper64
Not Yet Wild

Kgsc, i have to hook up reverse beeper to look up codes , i will try to do this tonight , Thanks for your help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO