lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2020, 11:42 AM   #1
cj1pennington@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2004 EZGO TXT fleet series

I just replaced all 6 batteries in my 2004 EZGO TXT fleet series, but I am still struggling on the hills and it tops out at about 14 mph. Is there anything else I can do, I put in all new Trojan batteries, so not sure where else to go with it. I am relatively new to golf carts, we use them for camping and running quick errands in the small town we camp in, but I am beginning to get hooked on them. This is my backup cart now as I have purchased a 2019 EZGO TXT Freedom 72V, which I am thoroughly enjoying, so is my wife. Thanks in advance for any advice.
cj1pennington@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2020, 09:46 PM   #2
bthinerman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2004 EZGO TXT fleet series

Hill ascent is a known issue with the TXTs. 14mph is what is to be expected with a TXT, although I might add the RXV takes care of these issues. As you mentioned, this isn’t your main cart, but the RXV is notoriously better at hill ascent and higher mph. There are upgrades like a beefier controller/solenoid and motor, but that will set you back at least $700-800, if not more. Let me know if you have any other questions.
bthinerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 05:22 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2004 EZGO TXT fleet series

Carts with "series motors" are the "torque workhorses", and are not known for their "blistering speeds" in stock configurations. 18-19 was as fast as the "fast ones" went from the factory. (Freedom models). Some were offered from the factory with a HD controller (400a), those do fine with a motor upgrade (that can do over 20mph), but the "standard" controller is too weak for "hotrod" motors. "Series motors" type carts have to do a "balancing act", more top speed, at the expense of torque, or better low end torque, at the expense of top speed. Cant have both. I suppose you can have more of both, for sure, but that upgrade will require both a motor & controller upgrade. If you put a awesome motor (more torque & speed), your stock controller will die. If you put a big upgrade controller on a stock motor, you will gain torque (not speed), and probably kill the stock motor eventually.

You have to keep in mind, "bean counters" made sure it was built "just good enough" to carry two grass & balls enthusiasts around to chase balls & carry a few ball whackers, that's it. They didnt want big tires, big speeds, big anything, except big fleets at the local "grass & balls" facility.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
txt fleet
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO