lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #1
krockhill
Not Yet Wild

Default 98 CC DS Lift Kit

I'm working on my first build so needless to say my head is spinning with all of the upgrades I am considering. I am looking for recommendations on a lift kit. The cart will be used as a hunting buggy and I will probably use 12" wheels with 23" tires. I have looked at the 6" Jakes Double A-Arm and the 6" Allsports Super Sports lift. Any suggestions?
krockhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2012, 10:43 AM   #2
mndanielsncsu
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 98 CC DS Lift Kit

I just installed the Allsports Super Sport 6" lift on my 99 CC DS and love it. The lift basically replaces everything on the front end except the steering parts and front shocks. Alot of my cart's front end was showing it's age so it was nice to have that replaced. When installing my lift, I went ahead and added a helper leaf ($40 from cart parts plus) to the rear leaf springs for added support and replaced the leaf spring bushings because mine were shot. Instead of using the shock extensions and stock rear shocks, I replaced mine with Monroe automotive shocks as well.

The installation is pretty straight forward, took me about 4 hours to do. I'm very happy with the product and would recommend it. I got mine from East Coast Custom Carts for $369 and went with 23 x 12" tires/wheels. I lost some torque given the increased tire size, so I sent my driven clutch off this week to Cart Parts Plus to have it machined and have the torque spring installed (I have a gas DS). We'll see how that works.

Here's a before and after pic of my cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Golf Cart.jpg (50.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (131.6 KB, 0 views)
mndanielsncsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
maxwestphal
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Trademark carts has the Buggies Unlimited double A-arm with HD rear springs for $199. Easy install with adjustable alignment. It worked great on my 98 CC DS.
maxwestphal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #4
krockhill
Not Yet Wild

Do you happen to have the part number for the Monroe Shocks?
Old 12-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #5
krockhill
Not Yet Wild

Thanks!
Old 12-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #6
mndanielsncsu
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by krockhill View Post
Do you happen to have the part number for the Monroe Shocks?
I used the Monroe 31069 since mine had the stem mount on both ends of the shock. I'm not sure about what a 98 uses, so you may want to confirm. Here's a chart that shows all of Monroe's options: http://www.monroe.com/assets/downloa...engthSheet.pdf

Here's the helper spring I used on my leaf springs: http://www.cartpartsplus.com/helper-...r-or-ezgo.html

Leaf Spring Bushings (you would need 2 sets): http://www.cartpartsplus.com/club-ca...g-bushing.html
Old 12-06-2012, 08:33 AM   #7
krockhill
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the information!!!!! Now if I could only find aftermarket shocks for the front I would be set.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:58 AM   #8
mndanielsncsu
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Thanks for the information!!!!! Now if I could only find aftermarket shocks for the front I would be set.
No problem, glad to help. I'm not sure which shocks would work on the front end. I actually didn't even look to replace them, they seemed fine. I wasn't a fan of the shock extension in the rear, so that's why I replaced those with automotive shocks.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #9
Xact1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I searched for a couple of weeks trying to find automotive shocks that would fit the front of a DS. I finally gave up and purchased new OEM shocks.

ATV shocks MIGHT work, but I do not know of any chart that exists to match the travel and moutning styles.
Xact1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:11 AM   #10
krockhill
Not Yet Wild

Thanks!

Tags
cc ds lift kit
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car