lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2015, 05:18 PM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: want to go faster than 16 mph

Did You measure the pack itself?

Using your numbers pack (8.2v * 6) = 49.2v and 40.5v at the Motor, You need to do the other 2 voltage measurements to see if the controller or the solenoid are the bottleneck.

If the Voltage at Controller B+ to B- is less than 1v of the pack voltage, the solenoid or pack power cables is the problem.

If the Controller B+ to M- is less than 2v of the Controller B+ to B-, The controller is the problem.

If not, we will need to measure to see if the voltage drop is across the FNR or cables.

Last edited by Sergio; 02-21-2015 at 05:29 PM.. Reason: More Information
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2015, 05:32 PM   #12
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you haven't already done so charge your batteries and tell us what the pack voltage is. Since you seem new to carts be sure to leave your cart plugged in when not driving it and be sure to check the water level in the batteries. If you don't have a bad battery I suspect that you are as good as you are going to get with your current setup.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 05:47 PM   #13
oconnorb
Gone Wild

Club Car

If I read correct, this is upgraded to 48v cart, it is a shame they swapped the motor, the 36volt motor in a 48v system would have been great, and should have you over 20.

My .02...
oconnorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:43 PM   #14
Lyoung74
Not Yet Wild

OK, I have good numbers for you now. Pack is 49V, A1-S1 is 45V. B+/B- is 49V, B+/M- is 49V. This was always a 48V cart. I was mistaken. Thank you again for all your help so far. If in fact I am as good as I am going to get, what will it take to get more speed? Money first I know but it is what it is. This thing is in mint shape for a 95, I got a good deal and can easily put another K in it....
Lyoung74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:02 PM   #15
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

You have a 48v cart. At 48v you would be 50% charged. 50.3 full charge after rest. Speed is voltage, high speed motor, bigger tires, and rear gears. And you have to be careful of the mix you choose. You can lose torque and not get it up the driveway. Sergio may have something for you with the tests you are running so i am subscribed to pick up what he is puttin down.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:32 PM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Pack is 49V, A1-S1 is 45V. B+/B- is 49V, B+/M- is 49V.
I am assuming all of the voltage readings are the lowest readings You got under Wide Open Throttle, so they should be roughly equivalent.

Since the controller is receiving everything You pack is delivering, the solenoid and pack positive and negative cables are in great shape.

The controller is also delivering all the power is receiving, so throttle signal is OK and controller is not overloaded.

The drop in voltage from controller to motor is excessive, we need to find out where the high resistance connection loss is occurring.

Let's test the FNR contacts resistance first, the readings are on the contacts that are lined up on top of each other while in forward.

We want to see if there is excessive voltage drop in the FNR contacts.

Set You meter to 2vDC and measure:
Highest voltage between FNR Orange and Blue at WOT

Highest Voltage reading between FNR White and Blue at WOT
If either one is above 2v, You need to either dismount, inspect, clean, adjust and re-measure if possible, or replace the FNR.

If both readings are in the 1v or less, Replace all high amperage cables as either cable or connectors are bad.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:12 AM   #17
Lovnlivin
Getting Wild

Club Car

This is a great thread and I'll be doing the same tests!

I have a Question though on the WOT: Is it correct that you should never run WOT with rear wheels off the ground? I know it would be easier for all these tests but I don't want to ruin anything.

Thanks!
Lovnlivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:14 AM   #18
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovnlivin View Post

I have a Question though on the WOT: Is it correct that you should never run WOT with rear wheels off the ground? I know it would be easier for all these tests but I don't want to ruin anything.

Thanks!
Don't ever run a cart at WOT with the rear wheels off the ground. It is a good way to destroy the motor
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:33 AM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
Don't ever run a cart at WOT with the rear wheels off the ground. It is a good way to destroy the motor

Plus there would be little load in the high-amperage delivery system for the tests to reveal any problems with high resistance.
Old 02-22-2015, 08:32 PM   #20
Oneunder
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovnlivin View Post

Thanks!
Ditto
Oneunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car