lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2015, 08:53 AM   #1
typical.t
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 86 DS will not move

I a 36 volt DS that would not start replaced first solenoid still move slow thought had stuck solenoid so I replace the all solenoid but not the reverse one still move slow did a battery check found a bad battery they where 5 years old so I just replaced all of them now the cart will not move at all I have 37.8 volt across the pack the charger will turn and charge like it not getting power to the first solenoid
typical.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2015, 08:58 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 86 DS will not move

The wiring diagram for your cart is below. The master Solenoid must click before the cart can move. The master solenoid is located closest to the driver side of the cart. Note that each solenoid as the microswitch in the little silver box at the end of the gas pedal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5 solenoid diagram.jpg (73.4 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:05 AM   #3
typical.t
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

yes the master solenoid is clicking all are clicking as the pedal is depressed just have no movement out of cart. I also try a new f+r switch that I had thinking may be that was shorted out still no go
Old 06-21-2015, 03:27 PM   #4
49ford
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Scotty B! I used your tip to fix an old 82 I bought. Put new batteries in it and hooked up cables and it wouldn't move. It would click, but not move. It sounded like all the solenoids clicked, but after reading your post, I found the one close to driver wasn't clicking. I put a spare one on and presto! Sure is nice to see them running!
49ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:45 PM   #5
typical.t
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I ran jumper wires to the motor found that it has a short to ground and need rebuilt or replaced I thought I would
post what I found maybe helpful for someone else
Old 06-23-2015, 10:04 PM   #6
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Always good to have the final results.

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car