lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2015, 01:32 PM   #51
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: digital meter?

If there was a hall of fame for posts this one would be in it. Five pages for connecting a digital meter.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2015, 01:36 PM   #52
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
If there was a hall of fame for posts this one would be in it. Five pages for connecting a digital meter.
I believe it would come in second place... my original thread went to 14 pages... once again a 2 wire hookup...
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:50 PM   #53
stang99x
Gone Wild

The answer is that you'd be best served by installing it on the ignition. It may last years if hooked up constant, or maybe just a few weeks. It's different for each meter. I've never had one be off by more than 0.2 volts. Most everyone is dead on or within .1 volts. I have one that's been on for 2.5 years constantly and still works. I've had some burn out in 2 weeks when always on. I've had 1 fail that was wired to the ignition. For the price they are unbeatable. For accuracy they've been excellent for me. Hook it up, and test with a multimeter to insure accuracy. As the other poster said, opinions will vary with each person. My opinion is as an installer who puts them in hundreds of carts and use one in my own.
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 12:28 PM   #54
h20fow1er
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
I believe it would come in second place... my original thread went to 14 pages... once again a 2 wire hookup...
In all fairness, I think 12 of those 14 pages where about a dispute with the ebay seller though.
h20fow1er is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car