lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2015, 03:15 PM   #1
jimbo5775
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default DPI charger and OBC

I have bypassed the OBC and wired direct to the battery from the charging plug and using a DPI charger to charge the batteries. Looks like the charger is working properly but it gets really hot after a couple of hours of charging. Is this normal for it to get that hot?
jimbo5775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2015, 03:31 PM   #2
Drewfus
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: DPI charger and OBC

Hi Jimbo,

Others might chime in as well, but I am a new owner of a DPI charger. Mine gets pretty dang warm when it's charging. I am in the process of breaking in a new set of batteries so the charger is giving a lot at ~17 amps or so when it starts. I mean, hard to hold your hand on it hot...
You could put a small fan on it, as I feel that cool electronics are happy electronics.
Drewfus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 04:33 PM   #3
jimbo5775
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: DPI charger and OBC

Same here breaking in a new set of batteries and yes the same handle is hot to the touch. Have you done any other up grades?
jimbo5775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 06:30 PM   #4
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: DPI charger and OBC

All charger manufactures have info available on their websites or with a quick call to Tech on what the max external temp should be...you can measure that temp with a handheld infrared temp gun.
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car