lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2015, 11:13 PM   #1
bzaayer22
Not Yet Wild

Default 99 regen 2/pd plus motor and controller upgrade

All

Going to be removing my stock motor,controller, and solenoid next week and installing my new d&d motor, Altrax xct controller, and hd solenoid!! Really excited to try out this new setup that Scottyb helped me with. Any tips and pointers would be appreciated!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bzaayer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2015, 10:14 AM   #2
fish1102
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 99 regen 2/pd plus motor and controller upgrade

How did this setup work for you? I'm interested because I have the same stock setup and am researching on which route to go. I need hill climbing torque. Scottyb and everybody have been really helpful, I'm just torn on which route to take.
fish1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:22 PM   #3
bzaayer22
Not Yet Wild

Hasn't ran since I did the upgrade. Been in constant communication with Scottyb and Alltrax trying to figure out why. Have traced every wire and tested every spot there is to test. Stock motor is mounted currently and trying to locate a stock controller. On the third XCT and running low on patience. Hopefully we get it going

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2015, 08:36 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just curious, what are the symptoms?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:24 AM   #5
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

I'm wondering too. This was one conversion I would have considered for my Regen-1 (with a IQ replacement harness of course) - but if the XCT controller can't perform with older Regen carts as advertised - it would sure be good to know that!
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:02 PM   #6
bzaayer22
Not Yet Wild

Had an issue with the 1st xct which ended up being a 12v relay that was shorted out. They sent replacement for that. Now I have an issue where the cart goes but it jumps when accelerating. I do want to say that Scottyb and Alltrax have been awesome. They have been doing everything to try and help me get this issue resolved.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2015, 04:58 PM   #7
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

So, reading between the lines, I'm going to guess that the new controller is "struggling-to-deal-with" the non-linear nature of a multi-step potentiometer. Just a flat-a** guess on my part, though.

In any case - its great (and not surprising) that your getting full-on support from Scotty & Co. Early adopters do sometimes experience a shake-down period (no pun intended) - and your among the first with that particular product. I suspect a number of us old cart owners are interested in the cause/solution that develops.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 06:06 PM   #8
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

does your cart have a MCOR?
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 06:16 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesam View Post
So, reading between the lines, I'm going to guess that the new controller is "struggling-to-deal-with" the non-linear nature of a multi-step potentiometer. Just a flat-a** guess on my part, though.

In any case - its great (and not surprising) that your getting full-on support from Scotty & Co. Early adopters do sometimes experience a shake-down period (no pun intended) - and your among the first with that particular product. I suspect a number of us old cart owners are interested in the cause/solution that develops.
It's an incorrect guess.
The Alltrax control reads any MCOR signal and establishes it as 0-100%. And if your signal changes as MCORS can do over time, you can ask the control to re-calibrate to accommodate the MCOR unit.
Nobody is going to be able to tell you what the problem is with this cart at this time. Software engineers are pouring over the data collected from 2 different models which exhibited similar characteristics. It's a glitch. They will solve it. I'm not sure I was supposed to post as much but, I can't sit silent while armchair technicians sling guesses & accusations. Thank you Brandon for your patience in all this.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 06:20 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesam View Post

It's an incorrect guess.
The Alltrax control reads any MCOR signal and establishes it as 0-100%. And if your signal changes as MCORS can do over time, you can ask the control to re-calibrate to accommodate the MCOR unit.
Nobody is going to be able to tell you what the problem is with this cart at this time. Software engineers are pouring over the data collected from 2 different models which exhibited similar characteristics. It's a glitch. They will solve it. Thank you Brandon for your patience.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car