lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2016, 01:10 PM   #11
crash test dummy

Default Re: possible year model 36 v CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey View Post
my profile pic is a '90 Ds with rack and v-glide.....its a neighborhood/beach cart, my son and I built the bumpers, nerfs, rear seat and step bar.

the cart in question is the same body style but the body is considerably heavier than the '90 model. it has no other solenoids except the ones at the resistors and has a small box mounted close to where the v-glide mounts on the '90 model. we haven't found any microswitches for the solenoids either.

i'll post a pic in a few....thanks
inside the box is the micro switches

i can uploaded the parts manual 81 ~84 club car DS(pdf) if needed
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2016, 01:11 PM   #12
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I can't take anything you post seriously. All I read is
jeep
jeep
jeep

Old 05-01-2016, 02:59 PM   #13
spidey
Not Yet Wild

dang, you guys are good, that exploded view of the silver box is dead on, the motor is 16 spline unfortunately. I uploaded three pics in an album on this site under my user name, haven't figured out how to put them in a thread yet( I can barely check email...lol), the motor is
GE...mod-5BC 48 JB 642 A
RPM-2800
HP-2
V-36
A-55
TIME RATING-60 MIN TEMP- 40*C
INS CLASS-B GEJ-3122
SERIES
SN#-ESN

the batteries checked with multi-meter are:
6.24 under load....5.6
6.17 5.4
6.24 5.4
6.23 5.4
6.19 5.4
6.45 (new batt.) 6.1

as a whole 37.4 32
could this be the reason it won't climb the smallest of inclines?
thanks guys for all your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: png controller.png (530.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png motor.png (430.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png solenoids.png (472.5 KB, 0 views)
spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 03:06 PM   #14
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Needs a good charge, but it should run. It is possible you aren't getting full speed due to one or two bad solenoids. I'll post a description of how the cart should work and if it doesn't do this then you likely have a bad solenoid at the missing click or "gear."

There are five solenoids on the cart and three resistors. There are five microswitches attached to a stepped ramp that are engaged in series as you push the throttle. As you look at the solenoids from driver to passenger side they are solenoids 1-5, 1 is the master.

Microswitch 1 engages solenoid 1 as soon as the pedal is pressed, this nets no movement.

Switch two engages solenoid 2 which is "first gear" and has current flowing through 3 resistors.

Switch 3 engages solenoid 3 which is "second gear" and current flows through 2 resistors.

Switch 4 engages solenoid 4 which is "third gear" and current flows through 1 resistor.

Switch 5 engages solenoid 5 which is "fourth gear" and current flows straight from the batteries to the motor.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 03:21 PM   #15
spidey
Not Yet Wild

thanks YCC, I seen where you posted this on another thread and I was following that thread also because of this info. I know I should replace the batteries as a series but under load testing I had one bad(plus it was leaking a little). the cart would run on flat ground for about 15 minutes, and couldn't climb my driveway(2% grade). figured 1 battery should pick it up enough to tell if it needs batteries or a lot more(I can always use the new battery as a test or backup on my other cart). I'm thinking upgrade though...lol
Old 05-01-2016, 06:45 PM   #16
spidey
Not Yet Wild

[QUOTE=crash test dummy;1269517]inside the box is the micro switches

i can uploaded the parts manual 81 ~84 club car DS(pdf) if needed[/QUOTE

that parts manual would be awesome! thanks
Old 05-02-2016, 06:50 AM   #17
crash test dummy

mine us to large to upload (will try another way )
here is 84 ~85

http://mobilicab.com/F4hxm7zhX073ecq...Golf-Carv2.pdf
Old 05-02-2016, 03:04 PM   #18
spidey
Not Yet Wild

Thanks
Old 05-02-2016, 06:03 PM   #19
spidey
Not Yet Wild

update!!!
checked each battery under load, all started around 6 to 6.1 volts,,,,the pack was 35.9, with the multimeter each battery under load dropped to close to 1 with one being .01, the new battery dropped to 5.9....I was thinking new batteries til........I decided to check the solenoids...all were good on the small lugs with the 3rd or middle one showing anything on the big lugs with the multimeter, then the unthinkable(except in my case) my jumper slipped and sparked......now I have nothing whatsoever(live and learn I guess), since the motor is 16 spline and i'm restricted on an upgrade without changing the rear to the more common 10 spline....I really don't know what to do, I just want it to go and climb hills so I can use it hunting, my son thinks we should go "old school" and cut the front off, rig a hitch and make it a 2 seat towable for an old school villager......help
Old 05-02-2016, 06:43 PM   #20
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You probably just took out a fuse. You would not have hurt the motor. Your batteries are junk if they don't hold voltage under load so you will have to replace them anyway.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car