lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2017, 08:38 PM   #21
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: G14 Yamaha ATV front conversion

You usually adjust the cable under the floor panel for how much free play is in it.

My cart would not run right unless the entire airbox was on and sealed, many yamaha wont. If you don't have that you will have to hog the jet out. I took off the silencer on my air box and hogged the jet to get it right, it was fine after that. With most all these small engines any change to exhaust or airbox will change the jetting.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2017, 08:28 AM   #22
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
You usually adjust the cable under the floor panel for how much free play is in it.

My cart would not run right unless the entire airbox was on and sealed, many yamaha wont. If you don't have that you will have to hog the jet out. I took off the silencer on my air box and hogged the jet to get it right, it was fine after that. With most all these small engines any change to exhaust or airbox will change the jetting.
I'm frecking baffled,.... And I thought I had it. With the cart apart the air intake was being restricted by the frame. The previous owner had jacked the low idle wide open. After backing off on that and the air box being restricted, it ran like a champ. Working on the cart I moved the box, no restriction, ran like crap.
Sho? you said "hogged out"? you drilled out the jet? What size?
Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 08:54 AM   #23
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

And why Yamaha placed this hole in the side of the carb is beyond me. I guess not much dust and grime on the back 9. I'm thinking its a good place to suck in some carb clogging sludge. If you plug it the cart won't run.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New-Carburetor-For-Yamaha-Golf-Cart-Gas-Carb-_57.jpg (92.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-26-2017, 08:44 PM   #24
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Most carbs have a vent to the float, they must. But air should not be going in or out.

I used a torch tip cleaner, its like a wire file you file it out until the next size fits in. Later bought a jet drill set with the pin vice, you can drill them out by hand easily, the set is $10 or something on amazon or ebay/etc. You let more air into the carb it needs more fuel to match it. Even letting more air out with a free flow exhaust can require more jetting. But you do it once and your done.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:31 PM   #25
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

Thanks. I'm late nighting in shop. I'm going to double check air box for leaks. Had some camber issues. I swear measure twice weld once please.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:00 PM   #26
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

Sho nailed it. Had a hole in air box. Plus gasket was gone. Little tuning with some duct tape and we will see. Fingers crossed.
Old 05-30-2017, 09:32 AM   #27
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

Default Re: G14 Yamaha ATV front conversion(a.k.a. the HoMod)

That was it. Need to tune a little, but the hole in the box and the gasket gone was causing the issue. Just to test it. I took some gorilla tape and sealed the box. Adjustment screw out 1 1/4 turns.

Few pictures from over the weekend:

I want to get a headlight kit. The one I like is hard to get. So I mounted these pods on the front. Mounted the tail and brake lights in the bumper. I don't like how the charcoal grey paint turned out, but guess it will do.

Thanks Sho305 for the help on the issue. I owe you big time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0228.JPG (135.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0229.JPG (136.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0227.JPG (149.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-30-2017, 09:41 AM   #28
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

Me taking a break:
Old 05-30-2017, 11:03 PM   #29
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Any time, carts are too fun to have one that doesn't run right! I have lights like that for my lawnmower, not tried them yet. Still using the 55w halogens on the cart as I don't really use them much. I want to put a baja style bumper on it with those big chrome lights. I have them, thinking LED bulbs in them but need a bumper first lol. Those tail lights look great, good call on those.
Old 05-31-2017, 10:59 AM   #30
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

Oh, I'm going to rename the cart "The HoMod". Because it's got a little of everything in it,....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts