lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2017, 12:24 PM   #1
jckrall
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 99 club car stereo project

New to the site and wanting to get some opinions on some things for a gas club car. I am in the process of buying the cart and am wanting to put a stereo system on it. I am planning on doing the project myself but wanted some input on it. I am not out to have the best of the best but I do want it to sound decent and look decent. I don't need it loud enough to hear a mile away but do want it to produce some good noise if need be. My cart will be used for golfing only and am curious about brands and setups that other people have done with the good bad an ugly. Also with driving off and on between shots and stuff how worried do I need to be about the battery. All thoughts are welcome. I searched quite a bit on the site an didn't see anything specific. Thanks
jckrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2017, 06:03 PM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 99 club car stereo project

Mines a Yamaha but I have two wake board style speakers with pioneer head unit and xm receiver and run a phone charger battery has never been an issue with mine the over head units are easy but don't buy the "kit" that comes with stereo and speakers they use cheap quality and the sound quality is bad I mounted my speakers right to the roof it's a heavy plastic and haven't had any problems yet
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170421_143456550.jpg (103.1 KB, 0 views)
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:02 PM   #3
jckrall
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

yeah i was thinking if i do the overhead units i will just get the fiberglass unit and install my own speakers. When you say phone charger battery what do you mean. Did you wire it straight to the battery so if the head unit is on you could potentially drain your battery over time? I'm assuming you didnt install an amp then?
Old 04-27-2017, 08:56 PM   #4
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

No amp head unit runs off the key switch like a car but if you're planning on the over head unit it's easier to just put a toggle switch in up by the radio rather than running wires all the way to key switch...Phone charger I wired up a 12v plug like a cigarette lighter
Old 04-27-2017, 09:06 PM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Just another thought. Depending on what you want to do with it, a Bluetooth speaker running off your phone or other device might suffice without drawing off the battery at all.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:36 AM   #6
Gearheaddrew
Not Yet Wild

I did one of these: http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/golf...sal-fit)/20410

And a set of Jensen Marnine 6.5" behind the front seat. It works well and is wired to the key switch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stereo installed.jpg (47.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 6.5 installed.jpg (129.6 KB, 0 views)
Gearheaddrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 07:42 AM   #7
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Mooncarter has a good point I see people with just the little Bluetooth​ speakers and they sound good.... Only thing bad about them is your stuck with your phone no local radio
Old 04-30-2017, 08:33 AM   #8
jckrall
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Yeah I have decided I definitely want something installed with the option of radio. I have seen one with speaker mounted under the basket like that. I like it. Now I just need to figure out what size amp and speaker. Done a lot of maintence on different things just never messed with speakers much so neee to do some research on that end.
Old 04-30-2017, 08:44 AM   #9
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Unless you're putting in a sub or 16 speakers your head unit has plenty of power for the speaker and wouldn't need an amp
Old 05-02-2017, 12:48 PM   #10
demo61x
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheaddrew View Post
I did one of these: http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/golf...sal-fit)/20410

And a set of Jensen Marnine 6.5" behind the front seat. It works well and is wired to the key switch.
I used a similar set up by shark electronics, it is a motorcycle radio with AM/FM, Bluetooth, USB, SD card & ear phone jack. Has built in 200watt amp and comes with 2 or 4 speakers, this unit works awesome, and is waterproof. many models to choose from and most are under $150.00 on ebay.
demo61x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amp, speakers
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car