lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2017, 04:32 PM   #1
ArlingtonAndy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Questions on clutch rebuild

Got clutch cover off pretty dirty inside. 2 loose buttons but ? Is the weights dont look bad but are they supposed to move loose/free or take a little pressure to move? Mine take a little pressure and stay wherever move them too. The problem with my carryall 6 is have to keep reving and it will jerk into gear and work fine when moving. I would think it could be sticky weights but idk.
ArlingtonAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2017, 11:13 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Questions on clutch rebuild

The weights should have some tension to them (wave washer) so they don't clatter in use.

Worn drive clutch buttons are usually the cause of a sudden jerk at start off,
2 buttons should be loose and flop around, the 3rd will have a spring under it to keep it fairly stationary,
Button kits are fairly inexpensive, and when ordering them, consider replacing the thrust washer also!
CC requests that you don't lube anything in the drive clutch due to dust and dirt collection,
but some people have used a very light coat of lithium grease on the buttons for a smoother take off.

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 11:23 AM   #3
ArlingtonAndy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you for the reply i just pick up a button kit they look worn. Also picked up weight kit as long as going through it. Guess i will go back and get washer too. Then on to driven seems like when twist open by hand a little it stays where put it. Yet belt always ends up at top like supposed to after drive so idk
Old 05-09-2017, 11:28 AM   #4
ArlingtonAndy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Just trying to get everything working good on the cheap lol. Already have 3k into this cart and don't know if can get that back when sell already
Old 05-09-2017, 11:50 AM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I bought mine for $6K new, I've got another $5K into it!
last year I was offered $4500 for it... I told him to stuff it!

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get buried with it when my time comes!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 12:13 PM   #6
ArlingtonAndy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Found out quick these things aren't cheap lol. Got mine for 500 on trade for my atv. Now at about 3200. But how many carryall 6 4 seaters with jakes long travel etc do you see lol
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car