lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2017, 02:36 AM   #1
nmccabe86
Not Yet Wild

Default Need Help Fast!

This picture is from an electic 03' Carryall. Need to know if the gas models have the leaf spring mount on the same bar as shown here or if it mounts to the main frame rail instead? Wanting to cut where the X is to make room for clone engine. My guy with a gas axle is coming in the morning and want to cancel if this is a done deal. Please help Carryall experts!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170816_002454.jpg (119.1 KB, 0 views)
nmccabe86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2017, 03:21 AM   #2
classycarts
Gone Wild

Default Re: Need Help Fast!

The springs on a gas cart are mounted on that same cross member.

You do realize that CC cut the I-beam frames on their gas carts (cut at the floor/engine compartment and moved outward) to make room for the gas engine. You may have a frame/primary clutch clearance issue with lining up the drive belt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cc.jpg (198.6 KB, 0 views)
classycarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:57 AM   #3
nmccabe86
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by classycarts View Post
The springs on a gas cart are mounted on that same cross member.

You do realize that CC cut the I-beam frames on their gas carts (cut at the floor/engine compartment and moved outward) to make room for the gas engine. You may have a frame/primary clutch clearance issue with lining up the drive belt.
Thank you, I did not realize that. Is that a DS that you posted? It looks like on that right side the leaf is mounting to the I-Beam, not the cross member. Are you saying that gas model 97-2003 Carryalls do not have the I-Beams at the width and layout I circled in the pic? Please disregard the remnants of the last owners horrible attempt at a clone conversion.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:00 AM   #4
classycarts
Gone Wild

Yes that is a gas DS in the pic.

Spring welded to the "cross member" in the same location on the gas and electric. It's just that on the gas, when they cut and moved the frame out. They welded the cut frame onto the cross member. Right above the spring mount.

Here's a pic from my carry all 2. You can see (lower left in pic) where the frame has been moved outward to clear the clutch. Also see how the spring is attached?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KIMG1041.jpg (212.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-16-2017, 11:14 AM   #5
nmccabe86
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Yes that is a gas DS in the pic.

Spring welded to the "cross member" in the same location on the gas and electric. It's just that on the gas, when they cut and moved the frame out. They welded the cut frame onto the cross member. Right above the spring mount.

Here's a pic from my carry all 2. You can see (lower left in pic) where the frame has been moved outward to clear the clutch. Also see how the spring is attached?
Thank you I see what you mean but can't follow the "cut" part. It looks like the I beam frame runs continuously past the engine bay to the front of the cart. What am I missing?
Old 08-16-2017, 12:06 PM   #6
classycarts
Gone Wild

I know it does look that way but it don't. It runs under the floor and is welded to the round tube behind the front tires.

The frame there that dead ends at the cross member (lower left in pic) is the main frame that's coming from the front bumper. Just like your electric cart frame.

In my pic, if you would cut the outer i-beam frame, there at the cross member, and pull it over to match up with the front I-beam frame. That would be how your electrics made.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:31 PM   #7
nmccabe86
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I know it does look that way but it don't. It runs under the floor and is welded to the round tube behind the front tires.

The frame there that dead ends at the cross member (lower left in pic) is the main frame that's coming from the front bumper. Just like your electric cart frame.

In my pic, if you would cut the outer i-beam frame, there at the cross member, and pull it over to match up with the front I-beam frame. That would be how your electrics made.
Great info, now I'm wondering if this can be made to work or if I need to ditch this frame altogether..
Old 08-16-2017, 01:52 PM   #8
classycarts
Gone Wild

I get into some crazy ideas but wouldn't want to attempt what your doing!
Old 08-16-2017, 02:07 PM   #9
rib33024

nmccabe86 this is why in your other thread, most members told you to sell the electric cart. And get a gas cart. It's not easy to make a gas cart, out of an electric cart
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 02:33 PM   #10
nmccabe86
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
nmccabe86 this is why in your other thread, most members told you to sell the electric cart. And get a gas cart. It's not easy to make a gas cart, out of an electric cart
No one mentioned the frame difference, only other issues I was willing to address. The cart was virtually free and I'm not far into this. Found a gas frame for $250, think I'll switch gears and hopefully use the body from this one.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car