lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2018, 07:44 AM   #1
Corry Niedermeyer
Not Yet Wild

Default 2009 ezgo stops suddenly

Hello, my Cart will suddenly stop working. It will run completely fine, then just die and you cannot push it as the breaks locks. The break and battery are brand new. I have seen numerous posts regarding the same issue, but cannot find where it was ever figured out. Has anyone got a solution?
Corry Niedermeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2018, 08:39 AM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2009 ezgo stops suddenly

Do you know someone with a Danaher Diagnostic handheld?
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:42 AM   #3
Corry Niedermeyer
Not Yet Wild

There is a local shop I can check with to see if they have one. What is special about this tool?!?
Old 06-13-2018, 10:25 AM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2009 exgo suddenly stops working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corry Niedermeyer View Post
Hello, my Cart will suddenly stop working. It will run completely fine, then just die and you cannot push it as the breaks locks. The break and battery are brand new. I have seen numerous posts regarding the same issue, but cannot find where it was ever figured out. Has anyone got a solution?
It sounds like you have an RXV. The RXV is known for being extremely sensitive to battery voltage. Make sure that the batteries are fully charged, run a couple of charge cycles back to back. Also, the 2009 has a few well known issues. One is the Motor Brake. When you put on the new Motor Brake, where did you get it from, and did you follow the correct installation procedure? Many RXV owners buy a HD (Heavy Duty) Motor Brake off of eBay, which is NOT compatible with the 2008 - 2012 Danaher controller. The HD Motor Brake draws more power than the OEM motor brake, overheating the Motor Brake FET in the Danaher controller, causing erratic operation, with eventual failure of the Motor Brake FET in the controller. Another common issue is incorrect installation. The Motor Brake is keyed for the motor shaft, and the bolts, if tightened too tight, will lead to a fairly rapid failure of the new Motor Brake.

The next major problem with early (2008-2009) RXVs has to do with corrosion in the wiring harness, mostly in the splices. In 2010, E-Z-GO started using a better weatherseal heatshrink tubing on these splices, reducing failure. Battery acid soaking into the wiring harness can cause corrosion of the wires right through the insulation. You can untape and remove the plastic tubing (Loom) from over the wires and inspect them. Look for whitish residue on the insulation and/or swelled (bumps) in the wires themselves. Rinse with water with baking soda to neutralize acid residue, repair any corrosion found, and rinse well with plain water before recovering with the loom and tape it all back up. Good preventative maintenance at the very least.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:26 AM   #5
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

It should tell you what is wrong with your cart.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:32 AM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I responded to your other post. Where are you located?
Old 06-13-2018, 11:45 AM   #7
Corry Niedermeyer
Not Yet Wild

Meadville PA 16335
Old 06-13-2018, 11:48 AM   #8
Corry Niedermeyer
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2009 exgo suddenly stops working

Thanks for your reply I will look into this as suggested.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:29 PM   #9
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Meadville PA 16335
How close is that to you usgicollector?
Old 06-13-2018, 01:38 PM   #10
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I guessing 400 miles maybe a little more. To far of a trip for me. Maybe someone a little closer can help?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO