lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2019, 06:02 AM   #41
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2016 Club Car X2 Plus won't charge after incident

That is not a very good connection you have with the tape.

Use an automotive style blade fuse (15 amps or higher) to jump the wires, you cannot run that kind of current with the tabs just touching like you did.

The breaker is probably bad.

You want to disconnect the black wire that comes from the power cord from the breaker and connect to the fuse.

The wire that comes from the transformer that use to go to the relay goes on the other side of the fuse.

You now have your transformer directly connected to power using a fused connection.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2019, 09:42 PM   #42
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe30269 View Post
it did not trip the outlet breaker, the power surge bar, or the house breaker. It just made a pop with a blue flash. So with the pics below, started over from the beginning so you can see which wires I took off and put together. I put them each step.
Finally, in screwing around with that 15 amp breaker for the AC, I managed to pop off that white tab. IT had not kicked out but I thought there was a fuse in there. I am assuming that 120 AC fuse is working without the white pop out?

I am tempted to give it another shot. Right now. Caution to the wind. I am going to stand in a bucket of water and hold the wires together and nix the tape.

Mike
Lol! That is a "Circuit Brkr" not a fuse. They work on a completely different mechanisms..... It resets and does not blow like a fuse. Hard to tell if that damage it or not without testing it. "When in doubt, assume the worse..." so assume it is bad....

The flash you observed was probably just an arc flash from the spades being together and not secure. I use a double male to connect them or an ATO fure which is what Sergio suggested.

And if you are in water reading this, be sure to turn the light switch on if the fireworks were not bright enough....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:17 PM   #43
Pepe30269
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Closing the loop here and thank everyone that helped nurse my sick baby back to life. She's back, running like a scalded dog. I love this cart.

The last obstacle I was on that took me two months to figure out was I couldn't get the battery charger to recognize the batteries as they were two low. I tried everything. Then an auto mechanic friend suggested I put jumper cables from my truck to a battery and then put the charger terminals on the same battery. And that worked... I did all six batteries and the charger kicked in.
The assumption was that the motor was bad but the cart after being charged moved. I could drive it about five miles and it would die. So the last two weeks we were driving on a limited basis just to see how it was going to run and it ran well just not for long.
My wife is very good -probably among the leaders in the world - at running the juice out of a cart, and despite my painstaking attempts to keep her from going out further than the golf cart could take her, she managed to make one of those "Oh, I thought you said..." and there we were once again with a dead golf cart somewhere in the never never land.
Long story short, I had the cart towed to a local dealer that I trust and surprisingly the motor and all the rest of electronics panned out perfect. So I put a set of T-185s in there and it has driven like a champ ever sense.
Attached Images
File Type: png gcb2.png (668.7 KB, 0 views)
Pepe30269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car