lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2020, 10:19 PM   #1
orabun
Not Yet Wild

Default How do I test the controller on my 2000 Club Car DS Electric

My 2000 Club Car DS 48 volt Electric golf cart tries to run but want pull most of the time. Sometimes it will but not much. I watched a YouTube video today on how to troubleshoot the system. Everything tested good until I got to the controller. It passed the test ont the little wires and the big negative input cable, but when I checked the big negative output cable it would only read 16 volts and would barely try to run. Does this mean the Controller is bad???? PLEASE HELP!!!
orabun is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2020, 10:21 PM   #2
orabun
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: How do I test the controller on my 2000 Club Car DS Electric

A new rebuilt Controller cost $400 , so I don't need to be guessing at it.
Old 08-26-2020, 11:24 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

orabun, if you tell us what cart you have, drive system, etc, and the problem(s) you are having people can help you.

I think saying you did some sort of test from a YouTube video is not going to help much for the experts in here.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 09:39 AM   #4
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by orabun View Post
A new rebuilt Controller cost $400 , so I don't need to be guessing at it.
If you do need to replace the controller I would look at the Alltrax controllers for a bit more. They have a good warranty, customer service & free diagnostic software.
Have you tested the throttle inputs to the controller?
What specific things in the system did you test?
Are all cable connections clean & tight?
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 05:17 PM   #5
orabun
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
orabun, if you tell us what cart you have, drive system, etc, and the problem(s) you are having people can help you.

I think saying you did some sort of test from a YouTube video is not going to help much for the experts in here.
Ok, maybe I didn't explain it good enough or correctly, I thought I did.
I've got a: 2000 Club Car DS 48 volt Electric golf cart. It has the VGlide /Potentiometer on it. I've test the battery voltage. It's 50 volts. I've tested the low amp switching circuit on the back of the forward/reverse control according to the video on YouTube and it is activating the micro switches in turn activating the solenoid. I went to the solenoid and connected the vom leads across the 2 small terminals and activated the throttle pedal and it read 50 volt. I connected the positive cable to the last positive terminal of the batteries and test the battery last negative on the controller and it read 50 volts. Whenever I connect the negative lead of the vom and depress the accelerator, it will only read as high as 16 volts. That's with the rear wheels off the ground.
Is this enough information to tell me what the problem might be. I think the controller is bad but I want to try and make sure before I spend the $400 or more.
Old 08-27-2020, 05:20 PM   #6
orabun
Not Yet Wild

It reads 16 volt on the negative output on the controller. I didn't make that clear.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car