lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2020, 08:03 AM   #1
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Default Roy Pow Charging

Just got the Roy Pow - wondering what the charging 'rules' are on this. Do you keep it plugged in when not in use? Leave unplugged and only charge when low on charge?
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2020, 07:45 AM   #2
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Roy Pow Charging

Lithium does not develop a memory, nor do they sulfate, so they can tolerate the discharges, but I would follow what the manufacture advises.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 08:15 AM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Do not leave the charger plugged to the cart, for safety You should unplug as soon as the charging is complete or put it on a timer for a reasonable amount of time that would take to charge the pack (4 hours or so).

Also, avoid charging when the pack is above 80-90% SOC as the stress is not good for the cells in the long term.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 10:20 AM   #4
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

This is great info, which prompts a question from me: it sounds like the best thing is to use a Lithium pack until it gets below 80% before recharging, if I am reading this correctly. So if the cart sits for a month (just picking a timeframe) should the SOC still be around 80%? I am wondering how often it will need to be checked if the cart is not high use.
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 11:43 AM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Lithiums can go months without checking.

For long term storage of a Lithium pack You should have the disconnected battery pack at about 50% SOC.

One thing I want to point out is "self-discharge" has little to do with what happens in our golf carts when not in use, FLA or Lithium does not matter.

If the battery pack is disconnected from any load it will self-discharge very slowly, specially in cold temperatures.

The real issue is all of the electronics draining power, even on a Sepex cart in TOW that are "quiescent" currents that drain the pack more than the battery "self-discharge" rate.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 12:21 PM   #6
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thank you, Sergio. I have a little bit of an understanding of the discharge on FLA from my toy hauler, but this is my first go around with Lithium, and I do not want to mess this up!

Great info; thank you again!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car