lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-28-2020, 05:41 PM   #1
Murby
Gone Wild

Default Recommend Rear Seats?

Bought a 2013 Precedent Electric and need to get a rear seat assembly for it. Looking for the fold-down version so I can use it as a cargo carrier.

Is there one manufacturer that is better than the others when it comes to buying accessories for my cart?

I always look for the most robust product rather than the flashiest or most comfortable. The one that is strongest and will last the longest.

I need to upgrade my rear springs as well when I do this so I plan to purchase the rear seat kit with the new springs. Suggestions please?

After I complete this upgrade, my next step will be a long travel lift kit with new tires and wheels. We live out in the countryside down a dirt road and the ground out here is never flat or or smooth.

Thank you.
Murby is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-28-2020, 08:25 PM   #2
Airstream65
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Recommend Rear Seats?

I bought one from Steeleng 4 years ago, very nice.
Airstream65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 09:31 PM   #3
Murby
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airstream65 View Post
I bought one from Steeleng 4 years ago, very nice.
I think the Steeleng is the one I want to get. I'm not crazy about the plastic deck plating the others use.

Did you put in the heavier rear axle springs as well or no?
Old 11-28-2020, 10:06 PM   #4
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I prefer the RHOX rear seat. I know you said you don't like the plastic, but here in central Florida I find that the steel seat kits tend to rust out. Also, if you leave the seat in the folded out position alot and it gets rained on, there are no screw holes penetrating the deck so less chance of water getting into the seat cushion.

As for the springs, I again like the RHOX dual stage. They give the soft ride club car is known for until weight is added to the rear, then the "helper" kicks in and carries the load.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 10:12 PM   #5
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I put a DoubleTake rear seat on my last cart which was a Clubcar and loved it. My current cart, a Yamaha, came with a Rhox rear seat and it’s been great. I’d buy either again..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 12:29 AM   #6
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murby View Post
I need to upgrade my rear springs as well when I do this so I plan to purchase the rear seat kit with the new springs. Suggestions please?

Thank you.
I made the mistake of replacing my dual rear leaf springs with heavy duty springs. I thought I needed the replacement because of the rear seat.

The heavy duty springs will make your teeth chatter they ride so rough. You need to buy the dual springs as rabbitreborn said.
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 03:13 AM   #7
Murby
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
I prefer the RHOX rear seat. I know you said you don't like the plastic, but here in central Florida I find that the steel seat kits tend to rust out. Also, if you leave the seat in the folded out position alot and it gets rained on, there are no screw holes penetrating the deck so less chance of water getting into the seat cushion.

As for the springs, I again like the RHOX dual stage. They give the soft ride club car is known for until weight is added to the rear, then the "helper" kicks in and carries the load.
Looking at RHOX now.
Old 11-29-2020, 11:06 AM   #8
HogKiller
Gone Wild

My Precedent has a Williamson rear seat. It’s very well built and American made.
HogKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 01:27 PM   #9
HeatWave
Getting Wild

Club Car

The '10 Precedent had the MadJax Flip Seat, Dual Rate Springs, 6" Lift, 23s, DT Body, etc... on it when I got it.
I like them all, the Cart has a decent ride w/ 1 or 2 adults (tires at 21 psi) and a good ride & handling w/4 adults.

The steel Foot Platform of the MadJax has some surface rust, as do some of the suspension components.

If starting from scratch, I would get the aluminum MadJax, and the "under seat storage / cooler" option as well.
The dual rate springs are fine.

Neighborhood Beach Buggy, Grocery Getter, All Pavement.
HeatWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 05:59 PM   #10
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Got the Gusto for $279 on Ebay a couple months ago. Box was tattered due to the product being poorly packaged inside. Went together pretty easily, but I did have to use a hammer to fix some dents from the packaging. There's already some minor surface rust where the paint chipped off. Not sure I'd order this one again, though it's solid and nice now that it's on.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car