lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2020, 08:38 PM   #1
WheelchairZach
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Has anyone used Liquid Regen to repair lead acid batteries?

I have some 3 year old lead acid batteries and am religious about keeping it plugged into my battery charger but I had it in a shop for a couple months and despite me asking them repeatedly, they left it off the charger long enough that the batteries drained down to the point that the cart charger wouldn’t kick on and I had to charge them 2 at a time with a car charger to get them back to the point where the cart charger would come on.

I had just had a Curtis controller and AC motor from HPEVS installed in the cart and now, under acceleration the voltage drops to 36 volts and I get some pretty severe hesitation, it feels like a gas engine cutting out for half a second until it gets wound out. When I called HPEVS they said to check the voltage under acceleration and that’s when I saw it dropping to 36 briefly.

I found this stuff called Liquid Regen online and there are a few YouTube videos claiming decent results. I was wondering if anyone on here has had any experience with this stuff?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EE0CA46D-C41E-47E2-B20A-B499F004E82E.jpg (81.8 KB, 0 views)
WheelchairZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2020, 08:45 PM   #2
Murby
Gone Wild

Default Re: Has anyone used Liquid Regen to repair lead acid batteries?

The entire "refurbished lead acid battery" industry is one giant scam.

There is no legit way to bring back any significant amount of battery capacity once hard sulfates have set in.

Batteries die because of sulfation.. there are two kinds of sulfation, 1) soft and 2) hard.

Soft sulfation occurs every time you discharge a battery.. and as soon as you recharge it, the soft-sulfates are blown off the plates by the charging process.

Hard sulfates are what happens when soft sulfates are left on the plates too long. You can not remove them without disassembling the battery and melting down the lead.

The entire "refurbished" battery industry is a scam that is centered around the fact that if you jostle a battery enough, rinse it out with whatever magic potion they are pushing, and refill it with fresh acid, that the battery will regain capacity.

Ya.. it might recover 5% to 10% of the capacity if you're lucky.. still a scam.
Murby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 11:32 PM   #3
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

snake oil in a bottle
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 11:46 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

You’d have better luck with a 50 cent box of baking soda and some fresh battery acid IMO. Not saying it will make them new again but the batteries I tried that on are holding quite strong considering they were completely trashed cores and some were negative voltage.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 11:48 PM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
You’d have better luck with a 50 cent box of baking soda and some fresh battery acid IMO. Not saying it will make them new again but the batteries I tried that on are holding quite strong considering they were completely trashed cores and some were negative voltage.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 11:52 PM   #6
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=170984

jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car