lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2021, 09:06 AM   #1
cnaught
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Precedent - Best Suspension / Lift Kit

I just acquired a 2018 Club Car Precedent I2 Villager. It was a fleet car (has 4 seats and extended roof), and 18" tires. My first upgrade in progress is an Alltrax controller (500a tuned to 400a) from Revolution Golf Cars (thanks David).

I'd like to smooth the ride a bit. I'm a bit spoiled because my other cart is a Bad Boy Buggy with independent suspension (for offroad use). Would a lift kit with new larger tires (with good suspension) smooth out my ride on pavement (no offroad use)? Someone told me that he heard that you could put Honda(?) car wheels on it, which are better quality and can be balanced and therefore provide a smoother ride at higher speeds.

If a lift kit will smooth out the ride, which one has the best onroad suspension?

One thing to note, is my cart still has the original PD+ batteries in them, and I get around 45-60 minutes of use at full throttle before the batteries are drained, so I'm guessing that I need new batteries soon. When I replace them, I am seriously considering putting in Lithium, like the drop in Allied kit. I'm guessing that this will also have an effect on my ride, as it's dropping a few hundred pounds of weight.
cnaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2021, 09:34 AM   #2
PorkChopsMmm
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Precedent - Best Suspension / Lift Kit

I don't have much feedback other than I just installed Allied batteries a few weeks ago in my Precedent and would highly recommend it.
PorkChopsMmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 09:42 AM   #3
cnaught
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkChopsMmm View Post
I don't have much feedback other than I just installed Allied batteries a few weeks ago in my Precedent and would highly recommend it.
Thanks PorkChopsMMM.

Did you install two battery kit (60A)? What was the effect on performance, range, and smoothness of ride?
Old 05-24-2021, 11:43 AM   #4
PorkChopsMmm
Not Yet Wild

Two batteries, 60A kit. I installed an OBC bypass which is required for my 2005 cart. Install was easy, I pieced together a way to tie the batteries down with the older battery hooks, some rubber matting, and a board to help screw it all down.

My kids drive the cart so I was less interested in speed or acceleration and more on reduced battery maintenance and longer range. We had kids driving it a lot over the course of two days and it only got down to 40%. As all batteries do, the meter under load shows a larger drop than actual. Once you stop and give it time the batteries rise back up to true charge level. I honestly haven't noticed much ride difference except it does feel much lighter. The weight of the batteries down low did give it a better center of gravity but I haven't noticed any problems with turning or the ride being worse. I am very happy with the upgrade and would easily choose to do it again.

Edit: I also have a 4" or 6" lift (I forget) with the A frame front suspension and some larger offroad tires, for perspective.
PorkChopsMmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 02:28 PM   #5
cnaught
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Any feedback on best suspension and lift kit for a 2018 Club Car Precedent I2 Villager (4 seater) ? Looking for smoothest street ride at around 25 MPH.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car