lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2021, 11:13 AM   #1
cajunman 1
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default 06 CC DS 12volt Boss Sound bar issues( I think)

Just installed a 36" Boss sound bar . I have 4 12volt Trojans that are 6 month old. I also have an additional 12 volt boat deep cycle under the rear seat running under glow led lights, addressable led's inside the canopy, and a 12" fan. The sound bar is running off one 12 volt Trojan.

Problem: Noticed right off the charger the cart shutters a little while going slow but only for the first 5-10 mins. It almost feels like it wants to hesitate but doesn't( if that make since). seems to be getting a little worst or is at least more noticeable. Then runs fine after that. So yesterday( ran it hard for a long time) I had left unplugged from the day prier and no issues , until I was on my way back and the battery started dropping bars and then the sound bar kept cutting on and off and the car was going a lot slower . I made it home and put back on charger.

It was suggested I run the Boss sound bar off my aux battery or add a reducer to my 12volt system to evenly distribute the draw! obviously the aux battery is the easier fix..

Thoughts
cajunman 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2021, 05:12 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 06 CC DS 12volt Boss Sound bar issues( I think)

Poor connection maybe. Your cart motor pulling power from the battery will likely affect the way the sound bar works, but it should not be the other way around.
Make sure the main battery cables are FIRST on the posts. They need to be in direct contact with the lead post. Any smaller wires can go n after that in descending size order.
You would be better off to run a 48-12v reducer to power your 12v accessories. (especially the sound bar, since you are probably using that every time you drive the cart)
Pulling power from one battery results in that battery not having the same charge level as the other batteries in the pack. Eventually it will fail due to sulfate buildup from the chronic under-voltage condition.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 07:27 AM   #3
cajunman 1
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Thanks, Fairtax4me. What are your thoughts on just using the aux battery I have under the rear seat for sound bar under glow and canopy leds? Seems to be the easier/lazy way to go unless the battery wont hold them all for an extended time. took the cart out yesterday for about an hour with everything running off the AUX battery and had no issues. Have not reconnected my canopy fan yet. wondering how long it will run with out shutting off. ( I do park on the beach and run music for hours) Maybe I just have too much **** attached to the battery's lol
cajunman 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 03:07 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Is your aux battery a deep cycle?
If not, Go get a 31 deep cycle from Walmart and run everything you want to from it. Once those thing are broken in they can run a 60lb thrust trolling motor for hours non stop. A sound bar and some LED lights will be like a cake walk compared to running a motor in water.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery issues
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car