lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2021, 07:19 AM   #21
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1984 club car ds

It looks to me like the red wire is connected to the ground ( - ) side of the charge receptacle and goes to the key switch. Comes back from the key switch as a green to the microswitch on the FR switch, then goes on ( yellow ) to provide ground for ALL the solenoids. It also looks like it is melted and has exposed conductor all up and down the wiring. That exposes all that wiring to short out in many places, causing further short to pack ground at the receptacle. I would change all that melted exposed wiring. Look good back around the resistor coils. The yellow should go to one of the small pins on the first solenoid, then be connected by jumpers to each of the other solenoids in series. If that yellow or any of it's jumpers is coming into contact with any of the ~HOT~ coils then you have a dead short to ground back through the key switch.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2021, 05:47 PM   #22
jt_603
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthreatt View Post
It looks to me like the red wire is connected to the ground ( - ) side of the charge receptacle and goes to the key switch. Comes back from the key switch as a green to the microswitch on the FR switch, then goes on ( yellow ) to provide ground for ALL the solenoids. It also looks like it is melted and has exposed conductor all up and down the wiring. That exposes all that wiring to short out in many places, causing further short to pack ground at the receptacle. I would change all that melted exposed wiring. Look good back around the resistor coils. The yellow should go to one of the small pins on the first solenoid, then be connected by jumpers to each of the other solenoids in series. If that yellow or any of it's jumpers is coming into contact with any of the ~HOT~ coils then you have a dead short to ground back through the key switch.
The red and green coming from the key switch start melting once I press the pedal to go. I'm trying to figure out whats causing them to melt. Just don't really know much about golf carts and don't know a thing about wiring. Thanks for the help.
jt_603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 11:24 AM   #23
WC53
Getting Wild
Club Car

Make sure you don’t have too much downstream of the key switch pulling load that isn’t on a relay. Voltage reducer typically have a trigger wire vs main wire. Fuses everywhere.
But if you are melting…. Do you have a dead short somewhere .

I ran almost all new wire on the folks rebuild due to rats nests of old work. A new harness would have been faster
WC53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car