lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2021, 08:50 PM   #1
Lampworker
Not Yet Wild

Default IQ charger

Hey guys,

Recently purchased a 2010 DS IQ that did not come with a charger. I found a used IQ charger and am currently charging the new t-875s for the first time. There was a short delay when I plugged in the charger then it kicked on and ran up to about 7 amps on the ammeter.

Batteries started at 8.3v each and are now reading 8.8 about an hour and a half later. I am used to the chargers starting out at a higher amperage and am concerned there is an issue. Seems to be working fine but is a little loud.

Is 7 amps low for the beginning of the first charge on new batteries? Everything Im reading indicated that most club car chargers run up to about 15 amps initially.

Thanks for your help guys,

D
Lampworker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2021, 08:00 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: IQ charger

7 amps is Very low for initial charge rate.
Should be closer to 17 amps with that voltage.

Is there a model sticker or some kind of info on the charger body? I’ve never heard of an IQ charger. Can you post a picture of it?

Club Car uses the charger in combination with the OBC in the cart for charge control. The OBC controls charger on/off as well as amperage, along with a few other things.

To test the charger output, jump the black charge lead from the charge receptacle in the cart straight to the pack negative or to the controller B- terminal. Whichever is easier for you to get to. This will temporarily bypass the OBC current control circuit and allow the charger to run full bore.
Plug the charger in and see if the output goes over 15 amps. If it does, the OBC has failed and should be replaced. Or you can totally bypass the OBC and get a newer smart charger.

If the charger output stays the same with the OBC bypassed, the charger has a problem. It could have a failed rectifier or loose or burned wire connections.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 01:15 PM   #3
Lampworker
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: IQ charger

Charger is a Club Car IQ plus series charger. I swapped out to a powerdrive 3 charger this morning. That charger operates normally so I'm assuming the problem is with the IQ charger.
Lampworker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car