lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2021, 09:51 AM   #1
str8shooter61
Not Yet Wild

Default Electric Club Car won't move, just clicks

Hello,
I am a new member and I am having troubles with my golf cart. When i turn it on and put it into gear and step on the gas pedal, the solenoid clicks but nothing else happens. It used to take off as soon as you started to push the pedal , now I have been having to push down more and more just to get the cart to move. Now it only lurches forward occasionally if I push the accelerator down fast multiple times it some times catches and takes off at high speed. The batteries are fully charged, I have load tested each individual battery and they are all at 6.3 to 6.7 volts with 37.7 volts when hooked up together.

When I test the solenoid, large battery power terminal- 37.7 volts and with 35.7 volts on the second large terminal. When I step on the gas pedal the solenoid clicks and the voltage from the second large terminal goes down to 22.5 volts occasionally but nothing else happens.

Can you send me a troubleshooting tree for testing this system so I can figure out the issue.

Thank you in advance for any help that you can give me.
str8shooter61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2021, 05:13 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Electric Club Car won't move, just clicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8shooter61 View Post
Hello,
I am a new member and I am having troubles with my golf cart. When i turn it on and put it into gear and step on the gas pedal, the solenoid clicks but nothing else happens. It used to take off as soon as you started to push the pedal , now I have been having to push down more and more just to get the cart to move. Now it only lurches forward occasionally if I push the accelerator down fast multiple times it some times catches and takes off at high speed. The batteries are fully charged, I have load tested each individual battery and they are all at 6.3 to 6.7 volts with 37.7 volts when hooked up together.

When I test the solenoid, large battery power terminal- 37.7 volts and with 35.7 volts on the second large terminal. When I step on the gas pedal the solenoid clicks and the voltage from the second large terminal goes down to 22.5 volts occasionally but nothing else happens.

Can you send me a troubleshooting tree for testing this system so I can figure out the issue.

Thank you in advance for any help that you can give me.
Welcome to the forum!

You have a low voltage problem. Your pack and individual batteries are not fully charged and are around 85%. When you press the go pedal, the voltage you read is not enough to go.

Please post the model number of the cart and any mods that have been done to the electrical system.

And how old are the batteries?
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 09:19 PM   #3
str8shooter61
Not Yet Wild

I am charging the batteries over night and will retest them tomorrow. I do not know how old the Trojan batteries are. The cart number is: A9430-390480

Thank you
Old 06-27-2021, 06:18 PM   #4
str8shooter61
Not Yet Wild

Hello,

So I charged the batteries and they are sitting at 38.7 volts. Still the same. When I step on the gas pedal the solenoid clicks but the motor does not turn. If I step on the gas pedal multiple times it finally takes of at full speed and keeps going like that until I let up on the pedal and then nothing, the cart stops. If I continue to step on the pedal multiple times it will finally jump at full speed until I let up the slightest and then nothing. So I took the batteries out of the Club car and put them in my Ez-Go and went for a nice drive around the park and it drove like my Ez-Go does. I cleaned all the battery terminals and cable ends and put the batteries back into the Club car and it's still the same.

Is there a trouble tree or schematic that will show me where battery voltage should be when the forward and reverse switch is shifted between each setting? Is there a way to test the V-Glide speed switch and electronic controller?

Thanks
Old 06-27-2021, 06:24 PM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

1994 could be either solid state or a resistor cart with v Glide. Which is yours?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 06:32 PM   #6
biphase
Gone Wild

"When I test the solenoid, large battery power terminal- 37.7 volts and with 35.7 volts on the second large terminal. When I step on the gas pedal the solenoid clicks and the voltage from the second large terminal goes down to 22.5 volts occasionally but nothing else happens"

Those readings indicate that you have burned contacts inside the solenoid. You are dropping 15 volts across a closed solenoid.
biphase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 07:25 PM   #7
str8shooter61
Not Yet Wild

It's an electronic controller, Curtis 1204.
Old 06-27-2021, 09:25 PM   #8
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Do what biphase suggested. That could be it. Then check out the v glide thoroughly.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car