lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2021, 09:27 AM   #1
Bossman476
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default club car ds v glide to mcor conversion? Stalls on takeoff

Glad to be here. I have a 1999 club car ds 48v and I have upgraded to a d&d high speed/torque motor, navitas 440 controller, hd solenoid, hd f/r switch and 2 gauge cables thru out. Cart runs great, except when I put my foot to the floor from a dead stop. The cart lunges forward for a second and then stops. If I roll into the throttle it runs fine. Only does this from a dead stop and pedal to the floor. Looking around I see that the v glide case is melted on top and the cable inside that connects to the magnet on a swing arm is badly frayed from rubbing on a bolt inside the case. Could this be a related issue? Should I upgrade to an mcor while I’m at this point or just put in another v glide?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 106D0D92-A702-43FC-BF5D-4EB0836FE0C9.jpg (19.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg image.jpg (199.7 KB, 0 views)
Bossman476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-22-2021, 11:26 AM   #2
81clubcar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: club car ds v glide to mcor conversion? Stalls on takeoff

Wow, that case is jacked! I believe the Vglide is fairly obsolete and prone to numerous issues in the long run. If your going to spend the money for something new you may as well upgrade to a more reliable/better option. I just put a PB6 on my (that I got from Dave at revolution cart, site sponsor) which plugged straight into my alltraxx, I believe it is one of the only options that won’t require other stuff like new peddles, and takes minimal effort. I have pictures of mine installed, should just plug right into your controller...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EE130F3C-C851-4041-8DA6-564CC0534F46.jpg (166.2 KB, 0 views)
81clubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 11:52 AM   #3
Bossman476
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Aren’t the pot boxes picky about getting wet? I drive my cart everywhere and sometimes thru puddles of water. Any issues with yours getting wet?
Old 08-22-2021, 01:18 PM   #4
81clubcar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I haven’t actually taken mine for a spin yet because I’m doing a LiFePO4 switchover and waiting on my batt still... as far as I can tell it is pretty well sealed though.

I am guessing you could fab up some sort of “skid plate”, like a baking sheet or diamond plate to mount under the frame to mitigate splashing possibly?
81clubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 07:21 AM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

We like to use the PB6 potbox on DS cars with older style pedal linkage underneath the car. So for anything pre 1995 I would recommend the PB6. For a 1996 or newer car, I recommend the MCOR conversion kit every time.

To the OP, you need to check the resistance coming out of your V-glide multi-step potentiometer to confirm that it is what's causing your issue. At the controller, unplug the green wire and the white wire from the small blade terminals. Set multimeter to 20k ohms, and put the leads of the meter down into the ends of the wires you just unplugged. Put the F&R switch in Forward and check for resistance. You should see 5000 ohms with the pedal fully released and 0 ohms at full throttle. If you're seeing a strong 0-ohm signal at full throttle, the problem lies elsewhere. If the signal is intermittent and cutting out as you get towards the end of the throttle range, you've found your issue. At this time I'd recommend ordering the AM293201 MCOR4 conversion kit.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 07:28 AM   #6
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Can you post a link to the PB6 please Dave? I used it in your search function but could not find it. I may need something similar (I'll call you before I order) but it may be helpful to post the link here for the OP and others.
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 07:54 AM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
Can you post a link to the PB6 please Dave? I used it in your search function but could not find it. I may need something similar (I'll call you before I order) but it may be helpful to post the link here for the OP and others.
I don't have it on the site. I'm not gonna put it on there until we get our mounting brackets made that go with it. If you need to order one, you'll have to call in your order.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 10:31 AM   #8
Bossman476
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

V glide ohms out fine from start to finish. Guess my problem is elsewhere. Maybe the controller, still looking. It never stalled out on me until I switched to the navitas and only for a couple times taking off on hills (jerk forward for a second then stops). After I changed to the higher torque motor it is doing it more frequently even on flat roads. I am converting over to the mcor you suggested, ordered it from your store. Needed to be changed out anyway. The v glide was in bad shape. We will see what happens. Thanks for the input guys.
Old 08-24-2021, 08:42 PM   #9
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I don't have it on the site. I'm not gonna put it on there until we get our mounting brackets made that go with it. If you need to order one, you'll have to call in your order.
Thanks, Dave. I gotta tinker with my pedal a bit more (I know I am not getting full throttle) and then I will call you for your suggestions
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 10:33 PM   #10
Bossman476
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Got the new mcor conversion I ordered from Dave installed and it was a simple install with the instructions. Works great. My issue with the cart cutting off from a quick takeoff was a controller problem but after adjusting some settings I got it working with no problems. Thanks guys
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car