lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2010, 07:09 PM   #1
FireJCT
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2000 TXT Upgrades

After reading several pages of threads, I know you fellas can help me. I have a 2000 TXT and I need to replace the batteries and cables. I got the cart from a friend of mine who couldn't afford it anymore. It has a 3" lift, I think, and stock everything else, so I've been told. I added a radio, LED ground lights, and new 23x12x10.50 tires to it. The cart looks great, but the batteries are shot. It has T105s in it now, and I'm going to be replacing them with the same or one step up, not sure. My question is do I need to repace the cables all the way to the controller, or just between the batteries? I'm knew to the golf cart world and still trying to learn all I can. Sorry I don't have any pics yet, but I will get some on here.
FireJCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2010, 07:40 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 TXT Upgrades

Figure out if you have a series or PDS cart. Shifter by your knee or swtich on the dash?

4g cables will help with the amp delivery if done throughout the cart. More amps = more torque.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:19 PM   #3
FireJCT
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

It is a series cart....F/R switch is at middle of the seat. I ask the people I got it from where they bought it. I called that place and asked some questions on it. I was told it was from a golf course and was basically cleaned up, new bateries,flip flop seat, lift kit, and black steel wheels with stryker tires. They painted it red and installed a ST cowl with lights in front and rear. All of this was done 2004. I know the batteries are done. When I got 2 years ago, the plates in the batteries were as dry as could be. I had to put 5 or 6 gallons of water in them. And they are still lasted 2 more years. I know trogan is the only battery I'll buy for it.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:27 PM   #4
FireJCT
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

So I may end up eating my words on the batteries...Any one had any experience with interstate batteries? or Deka? I'm assuming I have a series cart, F&R switch by legs, and no tow/run switch. Would upgrading the F/R switch help? The wires are gonna be dona very soon. I took some pics today, will try to get them loaded up tomorrow nite.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:37 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

There is a boat-load of battery discussion in the bgw archives, use the search to find tons of info..... I have seen good name batteries killed in 18 mos and no name batteries serve 5 yrs. There is more to battery care than most will admit.
Good luck
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:17 PM   #6
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

if it is from a golf course than it will have 6ga wires. Replace ALL wires with 4ga. this will help in torque.

as far as batteries. I have seen Trojans last 6mth b4 they die and I have seen them last 7+ years. I sell trojans and powertron batteries. There are thousands of batts out there. Its up to you on how much you wanta spend.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:24 PM   #7
FireJCT
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I checked my wires today, and they are 4 awg. Is there a difference in 4awg that has many small strands of copper, or 4 awg with less, but larger strands of copper? I was looking at some 4 awg with only 19 strands, but they are large. It did come froma golf course, but was refurbished before I got it. Tey people who had it before me did not take good care of it, which is why I got a good deal on it.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:31 PM   #8
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The 4 gauge with a ton of little strands will allow better flow of power as well as allow your more flexibility in the wire (cleaner looking install).

As for Batteries, I install and use Interstate and have rarely had issues with them. I consider them on par with Trojan for longevity but at a signifigant savings in $$. Make sure if you get the Interstate batteries that you get the black and green ones and ask for the ones with the speed caps on them.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:47 PM   #9
FireJCT
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
The 4 gauge with a ton of little strands will allow better flow of power as well as allow your more flexibility in the wire (cleaner looking install).

As for Batteries, I install and use Interstate and have rarely had issues with them. I consider them on par with Trojan for longevity but at a signifigant savings in $$. Make sure if you get the Interstate batteries that you get the black and green ones and ask for the ones with the speed caps on them.
Thank you for that....it is a big help....I was just lookin at the interstates online...they are a good bit less exspensive than the trogans. Gonna try to push til spring time before I buy.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO