lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-29-2010, 11:09 PM   #11
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2000 DS Regen charger cycles off and on continuously

Why is everything always 100 miles away when you are trying to troubleshoot on a forum?
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2010, 08:16 AM   #12
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Because when they are there , they are tooo busy playing, no time to work !
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:58 PM   #13
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Because any campground or play area less than 100 miles and you miight as well stay home.
Our lake house is 100 miles and we drive it every weekend during the summer.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:24 AM   #14
Notch
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Opening day - obviously I put this off for the winter. I lookied at this yesterday, and I noticed that I had mounted the 48v012v voltage reducer directly below the OBC, and hung the the negative cable for the reducer on the negative cable going through the OBC right in front of the OBC. I thought that cable might be screwing with the OBC so I rereouted the reducer negative cable away from the OBC but no joy - same charger cycling symptom. So I disconnected the negative cable from the reducer, tried again and voila! Back to normal charging. So something in the reducer is causing the OBC to get confused. I did connect the output of the reducer to a terminal block that is mounted on an aluminum bar on the front wall under the seat next to the charging recepticle, but there is no electrical contact between the block and the aluminum bar. When I have time I'll reconnect the reducer and disconect the terminal block to further narrow down the source, but I suspect it is something with the $35 eBay reducer. It does still fuction since the head and tail lights are working, but I'll be damned if I know why it screws up the charging cycle. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for all the previous help and suggestions (and of course the sarcasm )
Notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:21 PM   #15
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

Here is a thought! The magnetic field is interfearing with OBC. With charger on take a magnet and place it arround the obc see what happens. Remember the wire going through the obc is being sensed by a hall effect device, which are also used as magnetic sensors. It could also be do 2 the switching frequency of that reducer. MOVE IT
gaminde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 01:46 PM   #16
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

If after moving it the problem still happens then its back feeding through the power wires and you will need to filter the input !!.

If anyone remembers the the large coils that you used to put on cars to filter the static/plug noise from radios back in the 19xx oh well you get the idea.
gaminde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:06 PM   #17
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

it chance its where reducer is mounted won,t be the 1st time i have ran into that.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:47 PM   #18
Notch
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So I finally had a chance to have a look at this. I moved the voltage reducer to the front of the area under the seat and away from the OBC, and that seems to have solved the problem. So I am gonna say that the problem stemmed from the voltage reducer being mounted too cloe to the SBC. Thanks again for all the ideas.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:02 AM   #19
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notch View Post
So I finally had a chance to have a look at this. I moved the voltage reducer to the front of the area under the seat and away from the OBC, and that seems to have solved the problem. So I am gonna say that the problem stemmed from the voltage reducer being mounted too cloe to the SBC. Thanks again for all the ideas.

........like i said not the 1st time and i,m sure not the last.........
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:38 AM   #20
Notch
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Just to follow-up and close this one out, shortly after my last post the cart stopped working (intermittently), and I ended up replacing the OBC. THe voltage reducer died 20 minutes later. So I am now not sure it the reducer had anything to do with the charging behavior or if it was the OBC in its death throes, but I'm leaning toward the OBC. Thanks again to everyone who posted a comment or suggestion!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car