lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2011, 10:58 PM   #1
TCarson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Cable size determination

I have a ez go pds lifted cart i purchased. I have new batteries about a month now so i was doing my monthly maintenance. I assumed the cables were 6 awg but they seem pretty thick. There is no writting on the cables so how do i know what size they are. The battery cables are green the cables going to the motor are black even though that probably does not mean anything. Im in the process of research for a controller, solenoid and cable upgrade and just trying to cover all my bases
TCarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2011, 11:21 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Cable size determination

The PDS carts (and DCS carts) use decent 4g cables to the motor, but I think the battery connections are the same old junky 6g. I could be wrong on this, I have only recabled 1 PDS and 2 DCS carts so far. They had the 6g battery setups.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:36 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Gman is right. The older the cables are the harder it gets to ID the size. Corrosion builds on the inside of the cable and causes the jacket to expand to hold the cable and it's growing corrosion. I have seen 4g corrode and expand to meet the size of 4g the whole length of the cable....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:55 AM   #4
TCarson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

ok so if im only going 400a controller is ther any benefit to 2awg or is 4awg plenty as most state. Is it worthe the $25 additional to go to 2 will i see any benefit over 4
TCarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:04 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

No.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO