lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2011, 10:36 AM   #1
H2Os
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy Slow down after a few minutes of running

I have an ezgo 1993 6 batteries (2009). Just bought it from a private sale. Starts off nice says full charge, then becomes weaker rather quickly, if I just barely touch the accelerator pedal it seems to work better than if I put it down to the floor. Slight hills are also seeming to drain it faster. Any help for me to start troubleshooting?
H2Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2011, 04:30 PM   #2
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Slow down after a few minutes of running

you have battery issues. I would suggest checking them carefully and you will likely find 1 or more batteries are not holding the charge.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:58 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
you have battery issues. I would suggest checking them carefully and you will likely find 1 or more batteries are not holding the charge.

have to agree sounds like battery trouble, check for water and add distilled water only.....check connections and clean and put on make sure they are good and tight.....charge until charger shuts off than drive 100 ft and test voltage and load test.....if needed ckeck cells with hydrometer..if your not sure about readings post them.......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:59 AM   #4
H2Os
Not Yet Wild

You are probably right, how would you go about checking them exactly, pulling wires first, I checked the water levels they are fine, then tightening? What next if that doesn't work, also the pedal seems to have issues when I put it down all the way, the cart just sort of hums and doesn't move, if I slightly put the pedal down the cart goes for a bit. Please reply as I am a very green rookie here. Thanks.
H2Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:03 AM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you can leave them connected......putting the pedal to the floor and just getting a hum is also a indication of batteries...if water is good do just what i posted above......make sure you let the charger do its job and don,t be alarmed if it takes 12 hours or better......depending on the batteries it will go up to 16 hours so this isn,t something your gonna know in an hour........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:26 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I agree, this is textbook battery trouble. If you have a voltmeter attach it to the battery main connections (36 volt reading) record the standing voltage and now get in the cart and push the gas to the floor while watching the meter....... how far does it drop? Below 28-32 is a red flag.
You can move the meter to each individual battery and repeat the test to isolate a single bad battery but my guess is the pack is shot.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:38 PM   #7
OlManRivah
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Is it a stock Cart or does it have large tires or has a lift kit? Any other battery draining stuff like a 200 amp stereo? 2009 batteries should still be good if they have been taken care of properly.
OlManRivah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:23 PM   #8
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlManRivah View Post
Is it a stock Cart or does it have large tires or has a lift kit? Any other battery draining stuff like a 200 amp stereo? 2009 batteries should still be good if they have been taken care of properly.
He says he just bought it so who knows what the previous owner did with those batteries.....
Old 06-18-2011, 08:41 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
He says he just bought it so who knows what the previous owner did with those batteries.....
Amen, I have seen 18 month old batteries dead as doornails
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:47 PM   #10
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

lmao Scotty, I have seen them stone dead within a 12 month period.... and practically begged the community to allow me to take over routine maintenence after the second set of ruined batteries in under 2 years..... finally after the 3rd year of replacing a complete set of batteries, they set up a periodic maintenence schedule with me so I can monitor and catch issues before they become full blown problems.......
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO