lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2011, 04:21 PM   #21
barcloverranch
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: new guy electric speed questions

Dont quote me on this, but im sure you can put it on a trickle charger like any other battery as long as you charge it slow
barcloverranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2011, 08:50 AM   #22
teamkillzone
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks barcloverranch
teamkillzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:19 AM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamkillzone View Post
ok guys, just got the batteries all hooked up and tookm the buggy for a ride.. runs real nice.. volt guage didnt drop below 34v and climbed hills pretty decent.. still slow but what do i expect for a 84 ezgo..

now i gota figure out the charging stuff.. i did some research and found that an ezgo charger charges @ 20 amps... what else can i use to charge the batteries up.. 550 for batteries, i cant buy a charger right now
I want to help you out and make sure nobody else makes any expensive mistakes.

New batteries need to be charged BEFORE use and then again after 15-20 minutes of use.

New batteries are not 100% of their potential until they have been PROPERLY cycled many times.

A Golf Cart Battery charger is set to a very specific algorithm (google it) for deep cycle wet cell batteries. It is a 3 stage charger... no other charger will do a proper job, not a car charger, not a trickle charger, not a solar panel.

Failure to properly charge your batteries and/or leaving them in a low state of charge or deeply discharging them.... will reduce their useful life. Both performance and lifespan can be diminished by misuse.

Get a charger ~ borrow a charger. Take it to a shop and pay to have it charged.... ASAP. I hope this helps.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:12 AM   #24
teamkillzone
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I want to help you out and make sure nobody else makes any expensive mistakes.

New batteries need to be charged BEFORE use and then again after 15-20 minutes of use.

New batteries are not 100% of their potential until they have been PROPERLY cycled many times.

A Golf Cart Battery charger is set to a very specific algorithm (google it) for deep cycle wet cell batteries. It is a 3 stage charger... no other charger will do a proper job, not a car charger, not a trickle charger, not a solar panel.

Failure to properly charge your batteries and/or leaving them in a low state of charge or deeply discharging them.... will reduce their useful life. Both performance and lifespan can be diminished by misuse.

Get a charger ~ borrow a charger. Take it to a shop and pay to have it charged.... ASAP. I hope this helps.
ok buddy thank you very much for the info.. i didnt know this and is very helpful... i will get them charged asap
Old 08-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #25
teamkillzone
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamkillzone View Post
ok buddy thank you very much for the info.. i didnt know this and is very helpful... i will get them charged asap
this is what i ended up buying
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO