lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2011, 01:40 PM   #1
Pschoolar
Not Yet Wild

Default 2 stroke Exhaust

I got tons of help with my ignition problems, I'm hoping this question will get the same.

The 2 stroke is running like a top now but it is LOUD!! Is there anything to make it not so loud. I know a new muffler would help but they are pretty costly from what I've seen. Can my local muffler shop do something to it, or does it have to be an exhaust for a golf cart?
Pschoolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2011, 04:18 PM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2 stroke Exhaust

Unless there is an obvious hole in the muffler or the pipe I would look to the gaskets between the cylinder and the pipe and the pipe and muffler. It is quite common for the lower gasket to burn out and leak. The good news is that they are only about $3.50 each so you might as well replace both and be done with it.
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:32 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Box View Post
Unless there is an obvious hole in the muffler or the pipe I would look to the gaskets between the cylinder and the pipe and the pipe and muffler. It is quite common for the lower gasket to burn out and leak. The good news is that they are only about $3.50 each so you might as well replace both and be done with it.
Dave

shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:08 AM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

another spot to check is the bottom of the head pipe (from the motor to the muffler) - my first one was rotted out and had pinholes, my second one took a pretty good hit on a log or ? while driving and ended up with a small hole (which I wrapped with fiberglass and sheet metal and clamped securely as a temporary fix) - the rot seems to be common though, as I've seen a few carts with bad pipes

(on the upside, they ARE out there, I just scored one on Ebay for $16, on the downside, it took me almost 4 months of daily searching to find it)

If you do a lot of off-road riding, you may want to consider fabbing up a new end for the muffler tip so it points downwards instead of straight out - a buddy did that to his 87 and it was amazing how much the grass muffles the sound coming out (on pavement or gravel though, it's not really effective) - I plan on doing that myself once I get the new headpipe and install it (he used JB Muffler Weld and a piece of copper tubing, I plan on doing something similar with a short piece of conduit or ???)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO