lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2011, 10:55 AM   #1
xb2003
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Golf Cart Tow Power

I have a place at the lake, with a lot of gravel roads and such that it is "legal" to drive golf carts around on the road. And i would like to know if my 01 Ezgo would pull a 3 seat jetski out of the water, and up fairly steep gravel hills? My picture shows details, but i have no idea if its a Txt, or what not. Its all stock, besides the gov. If it wont do it, how much would it take to give it the power/torque?
xb2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2011, 11:44 AM   #2
The kid
Getting Wild

Default Re: Golf Cart Tow Power

Gravel could make you spin out,do you have stock tires
The kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:47 AM   #3
xb2003
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I thought my profile picture was the cart, but appearently not. It has about a 3-5 inch lift, and 22 inch tractor tires. THats why im concerned, becuase putting that on there took away from all the bottem end power.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:29 PM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

My buddies GXT 4-stroke has a 4" lift with 22's and has no problems pulling his fishing boat around the yard, etc (and thats a 16ft if I remember with a 150, so chances are it's a LOT more weight than the jet ski) - he has heavy-duty springs on the rear though specifically because that's one of the things he uses it for, you may want to consider that too
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:33 PM   #5
xb2003
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

yeah, it probably is, unless its real light weight. anyways now gotta figure out how to mount the hitch with a rear seat.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:24 AM   #6
speedfreak
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I think your going to have problems. I have a jet ski shop and your 3 seater is close to 1000 pounds and then up a ramp. I don't think you'll make it. once that belt starts squealing and melting your fubared... I pull a 1700 pound lawn roller with my cart. That I get stuck in the back field which is got a slant to it, nothing like a boat ramp. I can go down the hill but have to go around the block if I can't get the right run at it. Your not going down any further than the water. Pulling a boat down the driveway is a LOT different that pulling it up a ramp. I pulled 2 new kawasaki 1500 across town the other day with my cart but I planned my route so that there were no hills.
I have the 24 honda, 22 inch tires and I don't think I would risk it with my cart.
speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:01 AM   #7
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

My fishing boat weighs around 2000 pounds.
The problem I ran into is our ramp is quite flat at the water and I could not
back in far enough to float the boat before the engine and belt would get wet.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO