lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2011, 01:22 PM   #1
jdomacon
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2008 EZGO PDS 48 volt conv.

I was wondering if I could get some directions and pics on installing the batteries in the bag well area. Using 8 6 volts so I have to find a spot for the 2 extra batts. Could mount one under the driver side seat but with the 500 amp controller and super heavy duty solenoid i have no room on the passenger side. Any thoughts or suggestions will be much appreciated.
jdomacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #2
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2008 EZGO PDS 48 volt conv.

Did you upgrade the motor to go with that 500 amp controller? If you are still on the stock motor it is not recomended to run the stock motor unless you detune the controller to the 400 amp range.

Most running the 6v use the bag well and run the longer cables to tie into the chain. A makeshift cover or a set of Battery boxes for a boat work well.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #3
jdomacon
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Did you upgrade the motor to go with that 500 amp controller? If you are still on the stock motor it is not recomended to run the stock motor unless you detune the controller to the 400 amp range.

Most running the 6v use the bag well and run the longer cables to tie into the chain. A makeshift cover or a set of Battery boxes for a boat work well.
Got it dialed back to 400 amp. Went ahead and got the 500 with future plans for a motor upgrade.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:20 PM   #4
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Are you just adding to the existing pack? Why not go with 6 8V? What are your plans for a charger? My batts are 3 yrs old, so I'm looking into going 48V myself, I can get 8V for just a few bucks more than the 6's, so why not, the charger is the only issue. I'm waiting to hear back on the Stanley chargers from Sam's club...
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:30 PM   #5
jdomacon
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter B View Post
Are you just adding to the existing pack? Why not go with 6 8V? What are your plans for a charger? My batts are 3 yrs old, so I'm looking into going 48V myself, I can get 8V for just a few bucks more than the 6's, so why not, the charger is the only issue. I'm waiting to hear back on the Stanley chargers from Sam's club...
From everything i have read and herd you will get about 20 to 30% more run time with the 8 6 volt setup compared to 6 8volt. Also my batteries are only 4 months old so it makes more sense for me to add just 2 batteries. Still thinking on the charger though. I saw the thread and have read about the stanley charger also. Seems to good to be true but who knows.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:56 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I love when my guys post questions and have all the right answers to everybody's sub questions
So who's got pics for JD of their bagwell batts? I know Chevy does, & I bet Gorno does?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:24 PM   #7
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You could look at summit racing and purchase those nice billet boxes that are used for relocating batteries to trunks to meet NHRA specifications. Just an idea to make it look clean and keep them away from the elements.
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO