lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2011, 10:11 AM   #1
shaggy
Getting Wild

Default ok, so this guy says.... another tribute to the gurus!

As you may have read in my posts, ive had carb and other issues (i hate that word) with my 89 marathon. but with the help from you guys this story has arrived ... while at the race track, this guy was tailgating with his club car that he obviously thought was "all that". pulled out to pass and says "you wanna race", my wife says "with this old thing" dont think so!. well the next opening guess what...SHE KICKED HIS A$$. next thing i know, my wife is running everyone.she said i used to think this thing was slow, (so did i ,frankly). but, for all the rookies out there, tell these guys EXACTLY what you did (or did not do), take pictures, if you dont know how to describe it. Now, for MY question....what did i do to make this thing run so good,....shag
shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2011, 10:24 AM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ok, so this guy says.... another tribute to the gurus!

and my little 2PG runs rings around my buddies in their much younger 4 strokes. That little Robin engine is a trooper.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:13 AM   #3
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ok, so this guy says.... another tribute to the gurus!

Yeah - many people can't believe how fast a well-maintained and correctly set up 2/3PG can be. I inadvertently learned another lesson too last week when my buddy noticed I had a low tire and offered to pump it up for me, then proceeded to fill ALL my 22's to a nice healthy 24lbs psi (he just "assumed" being an off road tire that about 10psi lower than a car tire should be about right as versus the 8psi I generally try to run in them) - net result (other than the ride comPLETELY going to he**) was about another 3.5mph, actually hit a healthy 25.3mph on the GPS before I calmed down and restored reason to the tires.

Not saying you should try this at home, just a little FYI story over coffee :)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO