lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2011, 09:48 AM   #11
rboatright
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart will not move

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
you have a PDS system.

What is the actual pack voltage at rest as well as when you press the accelerator?
Dear rabbit,

I have a Club Car 6 LSV, street legal electric car. It has 8- 6volt batteries. Last winter, I let the car sit with no maintenance for 5 months. Upon my return, the factory charger would not show any signal and would not charge the batteries. All of the batteries were extremely low on water so I filled them up. I then disconnected the main lines, both positive & negative and separated the batteries into two. I then began tickle charging all of the batteries two at a time. I then reconnected both the positive and negative main lines to the batteries and reconnected all the batteries.

During the process of everything above, I did not pay attention to the run/tow switch and honestly don't remember what position that switch was in during the charging process.

Now, here is my problem. I think everything is connected properly. The car will go into reverse with the beeper working but when you switch the switch to forward, the car won't go and the beeper won't stop beeping. The only way to get the beeper to stop is to switch the car into tow mode. I took the F/R out of the dash and inspected the three poles and wires connected to it and they all seem to be in good condition.

I have noticed throughout all these threads on this website, you seem to have knowledge about this situation and I am hoping you can help me out!
rboatright is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2011, 09:49 AM   #12
crossbow
Not Yet Wild

EZ go charger came on line. A couple of years back I purchased new batteries. I didnt ride it much then and it even sat with them in for a year of non use. Even after that the charger went to charging them and then I rode the cart for a couple of weeks and I would charge after riding. Then I took about a month break and this was when this condition surfaced. I love the cart, just dont have the time to spend with it.
crossbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:54 AM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossbow View Post
I tested 24V this morning. Can the 6 volt batteries be charged in groups of 2 with a 12V charger?
The good new is: Now you know why neither the cart nor charger is working.
The bad new is: Batteries don't recover as well from setting in a discharged state as a refrigeration system with air in the lines.

Yes, they can be charged in pairs with a 12V charger.
First thing to do is check the water levels.
If the plates are exposed, add distilled water to cover plates.
Monitor water level while charging and don't let plates get exposed.
Wait until fully charged to bring water level up to recommended height.

Charge each pair for an equal amount of time (an hour or two) and then try the 36V charger. If it turns on, let it complete its cycle, keeping an eye on water level.

Then measure the voltage of the individual batteries. They should all be about 6.37 volts (a little more if they just came off charge).
If there batteries that are 1.0 or more lower than the rest, they are probable not recoverable.

Good luck.
John

Looks like I'm slow this AM -- But what else is new?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #14
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
Dear rabbit,

I have a Club Car 6 LSV, street legal electric car. It has 8- 6volt batteries. Last winter, I let the car sit with no maintenance for 5 months. Upon my return, the factory charger would not show any signal and would not charge the batteries. All of the batteries were extremely low on water so I filled them up. I then disconnected the main lines, both positive & negative and separated the batteries into two. I then began tickle charging all of the batteries two at a time. I then reconnected both the positive and negative main lines to the batteries and reconnected all the batteries.

During the process of everything above, I did not pay attention to the run/tow switch and honestly don't remember what position that switch was in during the charging process.

Now, here is my problem. I think everything is connected properly. The car will go into reverse with the beeper working but when you switch the switch to forward, the car won't go and the beeper won't stop beeping. The only way to get the beeper to stop is to switch the car into tow mode. I took the F/R out of the dash and inspected the three poles and wires connected to it and they all seem to be in good condition.

I have noticed throughout all these threads on this website, you seem to have knowledge about this situation and I am hoping you can help me out!
First, welcome to the forums!

Quite honestly, I am not the best person to ask regarding Club Car issues. We have a sub forum dedicated to Club Car and we have some VERY knowledgeable people that frequent that forum that I am sure would be able to assist you with your problem. I on the other hand would be simply guessing as I have never personally run across that particular issue myself.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:32 PM   #15
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossbow View Post
EZ go charger came on line. A couple of years back I purchased new batteries. I didnt ride it much then and it even sat with them in for a year of non use. Even after that the charger went to charging them and then I rode the cart for a couple of weeks and I would charge after riding. Then I took about a month break and this was when this condition surfaced. I love the cart, just dont have the time to spend with it.
Glad to hear that the charger has come to life, you need to charge the cart on a regular basis to keep those batteries fresh.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #16
Fyrestorm
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
Glad to hear that the charger has come to life, you need to charge the cart on a regular basis to keep those batteries fresh.
Or purchase a battey tender!
Fyrestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO