lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2011, 10:22 PM   #31
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Default Re: What Batteries to buy for 2006 Precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
FWIW, I bought a set of 8V's at Sam's back in '02. They are STILL holding up, believe it or not. Mind you, I am fanatical about keeping them charged and always keep the water topped of with distilled. I have never let them go dead (ever) and over the winter months I keep the charger on them to work automatically. I realize that this coming Spring I will most likely need new ones and guess where I'll buy them? Sams. Not Trojans. In my opinion, Trojans are over priced and over-rated. Just my opinion, though...
Dic
I think that's great! However, that was 10 years ago, I doubt Sams is selling the exact same battery anymore. You may want to look into that. Even the overpriced trojans have changed, and according to their website, for the better. I would think that trojan would want to save it's reputation after the club car litigation and start selling top notch stuff, but only time will tell.
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2011, 12:14 AM   #32
trigger1937
Gone Wild

I put 6-8Volt Energizer Golf Cart batteries from Sam's in my Yamaha it September 2009 and they were junk by June of 2011. Of course there is no warranty on their batteries anymore. People say one way to judge a battery is by the Weight,..since lead is the key ingredient. I've taken out and moved around a few Trojan +12 volt batts,...and man are they heavy. I'm getting to be an OLD guy, and with 5 stints in my heart and I'm not supposed to lift much,..I get help just to lift one of them in and out of my cart. One way to tear a "Rotator Cup",..lift a 12 volt trojan.
trigger1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:02 AM   #33
Doc
Gone Wild

Here is my sales slip info from Sam's:
SKU: 11954, Description: ENRGZR GC8, Price: 79.82
Doc
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #34
carguy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: What Batteries to buy for 2006 Precedent

Just got done with Precedent 6 X 8 volt conversion. I paid $88 for the batts at Sam's. I picked out batteries that were made in Nov of this year and checked them with volt meter before I bought them. I picked out 6 that measured 8.53 or 8.54 volts each. Gotta break them in per instructions on this site.

Have fun, Dave
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:18 PM   #35
hogasm
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Here is my sales slip info from Sam's:
SKU: 11954, Description: ENRGZR GC8, Price: 79.82
Doc
Thank you
hogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:13 PM   #36
trigger1937
Gone Wild

OK,.. I'm very happy that you saved a bunch of money. So I'm asking others on this web site. Has anyone ever had a "Sam's battery" , such as the Energizer, or the Duracell, last for more than 2+ years. Their car batteries now won't last 4 years. The name is famous because of their advertizing only.
trigger1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car