lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2011, 01:16 PM   #1
Davemuzz
Getting Wild

Default EZ-GO Hybrid Technology....EH?

Since I have one post on the forum.....I thought I'd post something non-controversial........like what EZ-GO is now marketing and calling http://www.ezgo.com/Exceed.html the "Exceed" Hybrid Technology.

Actually, being an electric cart guy and one who always want's more from my cart, called a local (local for me is Southwest Pennsylvania) EZ-GO dealer to ask when these aftermarket "kits" would be available, and how much $$$$ I would be looking at for one.

Now, Just for FYI purposes, I am disabled and pretty much use my cart year round for outdoor sportsman's activities. So....if I can get more mileage from my cart.....I'm all for that. And electric is....for me...the best thing since sliced bread.

Anyway, the dealer tells me this is for a specific cart....and I tell him mine is a custom build, but a 48-V system. He also tells me that the "add-on" cost when you buy the Freedom RXV is about another $900.

And the way this works is you click the key to operate the cart in electric, then click it once more and this starts the gas engine which turns the generator that charges the batteries. Then, should you want to go back to just electric, you just turn off the gas.

Apparently these will get 150 miles before you need to give 'em a full charge. I'm just SWAG-ing here, but I would think that was on a flat surface. But hey...even if you get half that on a hilly terrain, that's way more than I'm getting now.

I may be looking at this to optimistically, but I will be one of the first "testers" of this technology.

Dave
Davemuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ-GO Hybrid Technology....EH?

Dave,

That sounds really cool. Where did you find this information?
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:02 PM   #3
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

http://www.ezgo.com/Exceed.html

Introducing Exceed Hybrid Technology™, the fully integrated supplemental power source for E-Z-GO electric vehicles. This groundbreaking system, now available on the E-Z-GO® Freedom RXV® personal golf car and E-Z-GO 2Five® street-legal vehicle, allows vehicles to travel up to 150 miles on a single charge by supplementing the vehicle’s 48-volt electric powertrain with a small gas-powered generator.

The Exceed system adds a 6hp, 205cc gas-powered generator to the patented 48-volt AC Drive system featured on the electric Freedom RXV and 2Five. When engaged, the generator recharges the vehicle’s batteries on the fly, greatly extending the range that the vehicle can travel on a single charge. The system’s single-cylinder, low-emissions gas-powered engine meets all EPA and California Air Resources Board (CARB) standards.

The Exceed system also features a 400-watt power source to allow for the charging and use of small electronic devices such as radios, mobile phones, and laptop computers. A standard 120-volt, three-pronged electrical outlet is mounted in the dashboard of the vehicle to allow for convenient use of such items from the vehicle’s cabin.

Exceed Hybrid Technology seamlessly integrates with your E-Z-GO vehicle for simple operation and a sharp fit and finish. All system controls are mounted in the vehicle’s dash within easy reach. The Exceed system itself mounts into the vehicle’s rear bagwell and is fitted with a specially designed cover to protect the system and provide a clean, integrated look.

In tests simulating real-world, “stop-and-go” use, a four-passenger, Exceed-equipped 2Five under an average load and traveling at a speed of 16 mph, was able to traverse 150 miles between charges. Actual distance will vary depending on numerous factors, including a vehicle’s load, weather conditions, the terrain, and any optional equipment installed.

Exceed Hybrid Technology will be available in August as a factory-installed option for the E-Z-GO Freedom RXV® personal golf car and on the E-Z-GO 2Five® street-legal vehicle. Existing owners of those models will soon be able to upgrade their vehicles with an aftermarket Exceed Hybrid Technology kit available for installation at E-Z-GO Authorized Dealers. To find your local dealer, please use the E-Z-GO Dealer Locator.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:27 PM   #4
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Rich
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:18 PM   #5
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That to me just seems silly to me . Just buy a gas cart just think the heat and vibration and noise that generator puts out. And then you still have to sevice the engine on the generator. Just my 2 cents
Marathon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:24 PM   #6
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
That to me just seems silly to me . Just buy a gas cart just think the heat and vibration and noise that generator puts out. And then you still have to sevice the engine on the generator. Just my 2 cents
Can a gas cart go 150 miles on a tank?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:27 PM   #7
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
And about the time you need batteries, the generator will need a new motor!!
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:31 PM   #8
Davemuzz
Getting Wild

Quote:
Like a gas cart doesn't have heat, vibrations, noise ect, ect, ect.

What you have to remember is that you don't HAVE to turn on the generator. Also, the engine is a 6hp motor. That's about half the HP of a factory gas engine. Plus, if you use a cart like I do, I can park the cart, leave the gas engine on to charge the batteries, and walk about 100 yards away from it and not disturb any game I am hunting.

Personally, I think it's a win\win.

Dave
Davemuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:33 PM   #9
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

And you gotta put gas in the generator lol
Old 12-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #10
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Why have a running gas engine in the woods charging batteries when you can just drive a gas cart to the woods park it and walk 100 yards away?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO