lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #21
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Converting 85 DS to Solid State

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Nice results! That's as fast as my 48v EZ-Go!

One comment: The wires from the charge receptacle to the main pack terminals look small to me. I'm thinking a heavier gauge is called for considering the charger can deliver 20 amps at initial startup.
yeah they should at least 10 gage......thats what they come stock with.....................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2012, 09:53 PM   #22
mkernan
Getting Wild
Club Car

I put 10 ga on there even though my charger leads are 12 ga. I did put a 20amp fuse online, but I will definitely keep an eye on it.

I originally thought bigger like 4ga but the terminals on the back of the female plug were not very big. I actually had to break off some of the plastic just so I could get my connectors on there.

If it starts popping the fuse, it will be an easy mod.
mkernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #23
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

The 10g was installed AFTER the pix were taken? Sure doesn't look like 10g in the pix. If so, my bad, carry on!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #24
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
The 10g was installed AFTER the pix were taken? Sure doesn't look like 10g in the pix. If so, my bad, carry on!
G, i agree to me 1 looks like 10 gage and the other looks like its a bit smaller..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #25
mkernan
Getting Wild
Club Car

Yep, just double checked, it was 12. I will leave it and monitor the fuse. Since the wire in the charger lead is 12, I will leave it for now.

Just order alum wheels and tires on eBay for $370. Looks like a decent set with good tires 22x11x10. So I went ahead and bought a 4" super sport lift and heavy duty springs for rear. Bought a new steering wheel also. Should be done with purchases. Can't wait to finish it up.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #26
Brushpup
Gone Wild

Club Car

Dang dude, Im jealous and inspired at the same time. You stole that cart for 50 though...WOW. Nice job, it looks really nice and I bet that is something to feel kickin in. SWEET.
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:14 PM   #27
mkernan
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thanks brush pup. I'll post some pics next week when done with lift. Can't wait til all the parts arrive.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:05 AM   #28
Brushpup
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkernan View Post
Thanks brush pup. I'll post some pics next week when done with lift. Can't wait til all the parts arrive.
YW.

You're gonna love it lifted, it just makes them look so much more badass. Just curious why you decided on 4' VS 6" lift? It will still be cool no doubt though. I talked with Scotty about my upgrade, so now I just have to leak the funds out slowly to stay out of trouble. I hope to have mine done by the end of March.

I wanted to ask you...how hard or easy was it to get the throttle/pot replacement all set up? Looks like you did a really really nice job. I have good batts and I'm trying to find a couple of good used 6v so I can go 48 right away, then go to 6 8V when these wear out. I just cant get away with all new stuff and new batts right now.
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #29
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Hee hee, 'leak the funds out'

There is no need to go higher than 4" for a 22" tire on this cart. 6" lift will clear 23s but, there is a significant loss of power and stability as you go up. Some lift kits increase width and height. These are best. Add some wheel spacers in the back and you have the most stable lift possible. At 4" you don't have to worry too much about adding width. IMHO.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #30
mkernan
Getting Wild
Club Car

That's nice to hear Scotty. I just went to the local Cart shop, and looked at all the lifts and tires. I decided a 22" tire was right for me. So I backed into the 4" lift. I also looked at all the lifts there on carts, and I decided on the All Sport.

Added new steering wheel last night. Lift and tires have arrived. Waiting on heavy duty rear springs. Should be done come Sunday!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car