lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2012, 11:04 PM   #21
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 95 club car 48v wont run without bypassing solonoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgolfer4002 View Post
Yes there is a short cable between the two large posts on the solenoid. I will leave it off until i get new obc. Thanks for all the help. I finaly know exactly what is wrong with the dang thing. I will also be talking with the repair shop.
thats a no no having that jumped like that.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2012, 07:21 AM   #22
Brushpup
Gone Wild

Club Car

Been watching this one and learning a thing or two.
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #23
badgolfer4002
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDAWG View Post
If it were me, I would be checking the micro switch in the V-Glide and the diode on the solenoid to see if it is installed in the correct direction before I called the repair shop.
Could you tell me where the micro switch is, and which direction is the diode supposed to go? I read that on another string but i lost it and could not find it again.
badgolfer4002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Diode stripe or banded end towards the positive side of the activation circuit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resistor-&-Diode-instruction-web.jpg (170.6 KB, 5 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #25
badgolfer4002
Not Yet Wild

This diode has one end copper and one is silver. What affect would the diode position have on the cart?
Old 02-17-2012, 10:49 AM   #26
TDAWG
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgolfer4002 View Post
This diode has one end copper and one is silver. What affect would the diode position have on the cart?
If it was installed in the wrong diection, it would blow up the micro switch in the V-Glide. Therefore, the solenoid would not activate. You would then have to install a jumper across the two large post of the solenoid in order for the cart to run.

The only problem that might come up is if you dont have V-Glide. You could have continuously variable pot on a 95. It would be under the cart and alot harder to get to the micro switch.
TDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #27
badgolfer4002
Not Yet Wild

I have temporarily jumped the small yellow post from solenoid to the negative #6 battery. I drove it and it has very little power now. I did not drive it with the large jumper wire on it before these changes, since the summer, so i'm not sure how much charge there was to when i started this venture yesterday. Now i'm wondering even if the charger is coming on is it actually charging. The amp meter on the charger is sitting at 5 ampers. It starts out at 15 ampers then slowly reduces to 5. I am frustrated now. I have only had this cart since last summer when i put in the new batteries, sent it to the shop and used it only twice. So i'm not sure whether the charger has ever actualy charged the cart. So my history with this cart is very short so far.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #28
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

the amp meter may sit at 5 amps for up to 8 hours depending on how the batteries were being charged..........plug charger in and leave it go for 16 hours drive it a little and plug it back in.................its not gonna charge proper until the OBC is working right and right now its not.....when all is working the charger has a time out at 16 hours......it will shut off on its own but i don,t think your charger is going to shut off so you can shut it off.................its very important that these batteries get proper charging.......................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bypass solonoid, won't run
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car