lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2008, 06:02 PM   #1
blakeraines
Not Yet Wild

Question 2000 club car with brand new batteries, will not hardly go at all!

I just bought a used 2000 club car, it would hardly go fast at all. the batteries were 5 yrs old so i replaced them, made sure they had a full charge and the cart will run but is very very slow and you can forget going up a hill. Is there anyone who can help me trouble-shoot my problem?:
blakeraines is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2008, 07:09 PM   #2
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default Re: 2000 club car with brand new batteries, will not hardly go at all!

Welcome to the forum blakeraines.......................

Someone will come to your aid..............
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:13 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It is quite possible that the batteries are connected wrong and you are trying too run on reduced voltage even though you have new batteries! Can you plug a voltmeter into the charge recepticle and give us a reading? Welcome to BGW !!!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:13 PM   #4
blakeraines
Not Yet Wild

from the top hole and the bottom right i am getting 48, from bottomleft to bottom right, i get like37 and from top to bottomleft i get 12, thanks for any help
Old 07-05-2008, 05:20 PM   #5
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Place your volt meter probes on the 2 charge wire ends...where they connect to the batteries. You should only have 1 positive and 1 negative.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:00 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakeraines View Post
from the top hole and the bottom right i am getting 48, from bottomleft to bottom right, i get like37 and from top to bottomleft i get 12, thanks for any help
We are talking about the charger recepticle....Right? There are only two contacts in a charger recepticle that I know about? Unless ...you are on the back side!? Anyway, just stick the test leads in where the charger plug connects. What do u have?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:05 PM   #7
captkirknc
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The batteries are connected in series to accumulate the voltage of the six, 6 vdc batteries to 36 vdc. Follow the cables from the back of the charging connector to the batteries. One cable should go to a (+) post on the first battery in the string. The other charging connector cable should go to a (-) post of the sixth battery in the string. In the batteries between the batteries where the ccharger connector cables are connected the cables should go from the (-) post of the battery where the (+) cable from the charger connector is connected to the (+) terminal of the next battery in the string. The connecting cables continue the string going form (+) to (-) until you end up with the (-) terminal where the other charger connector cable should be connected. Basically, the batteries are connected (+) to (-) with one cable from the charging connector connected to the (+) of the first battery and the (-) cable from the charging connector connected to (-) of the last battery inthe string. There should be another cable on these battery terminals that supply the 36 vdc to the cart. The other batteries should only have one cable connected per terminal, unless accessories are wired. Accessories are usually just wired to two of the batteries (producing 12 vdc) as most accessories require only 12 vdc.

If the cables are not connected in this manner, you will not have the required 36 vdc and the cart will not function properly and other damage could occur.

If you are not familiar with basic DC fundamentals, I would suggest you let someone with cart experience diagnose your problem.
captkirknc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:13 PM   #8
captkirknc
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I looked back at the post and realized you have a 48 vdc cart. The only difference between yours and a 36vdc cart is that you will have (six) 8vdc batteries. They will be wired in series (+) to (-), resulting in a 48vdc string. Please keep in mind that (+) to (-) is between batteries, not (+) to (-) on the same battery. Not implying you are that uninformed, but I have had people to say, well you told me to put the cables (+) to (-) and they did on the same battery, which is not a good thing to do...lol
captkirknc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:37 AM   #9
blakeraines
Not Yet Wild

ok, i have 50 volts. the red wire going to the motor is on + of my first battery, the black is on - of my last batt. and every batt. in between are connected + to - and so forth. so i am convinced its not my charger or batts.next step?
Old 07-06-2008, 10:37 AM   #10
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Is that after a full charge? Anyways...move on to checking the throttle for full movement. Do you have 5 or so wires coming out of your throttle? If so put your voltmeter on Ohms and probe the yellow wire and green wire where it connects to the controller. You should probly disconnect them so the cart doesn't take off. At 0% throttle you should have around 5K ohms....at 100% throttle you should have 0 ohms or at least pretty close.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car