lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #1
BigEd358
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default No Vin Plate on my Yamaha Project Cart

Ok, so I go to see this Yamaha Project Cart today. The guy says it's a 1989 G9. So I go looking for the VIN on the frame by the battery. I expect it to be etched into the frame, though I can't find it, but I'm sure I can find it when I get home and clean up the frame (yeah, right). Well, when I get home and do a little more research, I discover the VIN plate is attached to the frame by the battery. Well, my new addition to the family is missing the Vin Tag. :( I've checked the frame and don't see any additional vin plates or etchings. I was hoping the vin would be etched somewhere else on the frame, but it's not or I can't find it.

So, I'm not sure where to go from here. Basically, I don't think I can get insurance on this cart without a VIN. Also, what about selling the cart without a vin? I'm at a loss at the moment and wanted to see if any one has run across this before.

Thanks for listening and I appreciate any thoughts!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130810_165613_638.jpg (297.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130810_165626_777.jpg (193.5 KB, 0 views)
BigEd358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #2
BigEd358
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: No Vin Plate on my Yamaha Project Cart

I located the engine Serial Number that starts with J38-029xxx. I then pulled up the 1987 G2A owners manual and it shows both the Frame Vin and Engine Vin with the series of numbers J38-020101 and following. I'm guessing this is the Vin of the vehicle too?
BigEd358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #3
Honorstick
Gone Wild Still Learnin

Yamaha

I'm not sure if the serial number on the engine and cart are exactly the same but it sure looks like you have a G2 and it doesn't look too bad either, nice find.
Honorstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:04 AM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Might check the main frame rectangulor tube where the rear bumper bolts to. Get a flash lite, a wet rag, it could be stamped on either drivers side or passanger side and should start with J38-******.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #5
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

All the number stickers had been scraped off of the G22 that I bought. Kinda makes you wonder...
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha