lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #11
Marsharo
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Cart walking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmachine View Post
Btw can you take a frontal pic so we can see if your problem is the toe or not. His tires are bi directional.
Absolutely, i am heading to the cmaper tonight and will have new photos of both this cart and my project cart uploaded by the end of the weekend. I appreciate all of the advice.
Marsharo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2013, 02:26 AM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Another vote for "toe-in". I usually set them to 1/16" toe in. I think, with all the new carts i see with bad toe settings from the factory, the state of Georgia must have only one person who can align golf carts. Yamaha gets him for a year, then Ezgo gets him for a year.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #13
Snoking
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

When we got a G16 this summer it had a lot of toe in and was a bit squirrelly! I removed most of the toe in and it drives much better. Chris
Snoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #14
Marsharo
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Well, I feel like an idiot... I straightened out the steering wheel and clearly saw the front wheels do have the same toe-in. This is embarrassing; but I have never adjusted Toe-in on a Jakes lift... how is it done?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yama toe in problem.jpg (219.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #15
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Toe in is usually adjusted by turning the tie rods. You have to center the steering wheel at the same time, if centered you want to turn the left and right tie rods same distance to keep wheel centered. You should first turn steering wheel all the way left and right and count turns, then back to the middle of your turns....that should be straight ahead or the tie rods are not set up right to start with.

What I did was leave the rods loose and make a run down the road to see how it steered, moved them a little, again and again until they were what I wanted then tighten the lock nut so they can't move.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:11 AM   #16
Marsharo
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Thanks Sho, so it's no different than any other front steering system. I will zero it out this weekend and start from scratch.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #17
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I like it straight or a tiny bit of toe out. My cart is calm on the road and does not wander. Toe in it gets jittery and darts, toe out it wanders around.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha