lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #1
Snoking
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default G16 sat for two months - hard starting

Our G16 sat this summer for almost two months and I had to dump a little gas in the air cleaner to get it started. Time to clean the fuel pump???? Chris
Snoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2013, 06:20 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 sat for two months - hard starting

More likley the carberator. That ethonal really plays havic when it sits in the float bowel.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:48 AM   #3
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

I've installed fuel shut-off valves in both carts and both lawn tractors. If they are going to sit for a long period of time I will run them out of gas first.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #4
Snoking
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Running marina gas with no ethonal! This cart had sat for almost 10 years when I bought it earlier this summer. Seller cleaned tank and carb, and I had to clean carb a second time when I got it. Was only used a few dozen times to shoot clays, then the owner passed away. It has never seen a golf course and is like something from a time machine. Guess I will take apart the FP! I added the rear seat, lights and made a two inch lift. Also installed, horn, stop light switch and timer, and turn signals. Chris

Old 09-19-2013, 11:45 PM   #5
Snoking
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Fuel pump was nice and clean!!!

Chris
Old 09-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #6
Snoking
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Got home from family get together today and decided to bypass the governor on my G16. I rerouted the pedal to governor cable directly to the carb. I found that rather than making a new bracket, I was able to work it out with spacers on the exist pedal cable and get 3/4-7/8 full opening on the throttle plate. I had a piece of aluminum rod about 3/4" in diameter. So I cut off a 3.8" piece drilled a hole in it and then cut a slot in it.

Working on adjustments I found that it should have been slightly longer. So I slotted a couple washers and put one on each side of the existing bracket where the cable goes thru! So I have cable with fixed nut, 3/8" aluminum slotted spacer, slotted washer, bracket on carb, second slotted washer, original nut, rubber boot, clevis and pin to carb throttle plate arm. I ran the pedal to governor cable off to the drivers side and up in front of the battery and cross to the carb. Tie wrapped cable it to a hole in the gear shifter mounting plate.

Note to get full throttle opening would require using both cables and creating a new bell crank setup to increase the throw. But at 25MPH, I do not think I am going to worry muchh about trying to do that.

BTW, I put a spring on the governor arm to hold it in its normal idle position.

I had to do a little adjustment on the pedal end of the cable also. I forgot to take pictures before put the air box back on, so these two are from beside and below the cable/bracket.

So what was the result????

Before with 10mm nut turned in almost all the way = 18MPH - Everything else stock - Mobile 1 oil.
After the bypass = 25+MPH

Chris
Old 09-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #7
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

When I did Kims' G16 bypass,I made a small plate to connect the 2 cables where they connect at the axle,it was just over 1-1/4" long,and only needed a minor cable adjustment after that.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:14 PM   #8
Snoking
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 sat for two months - hard starting/Governor By Pass

In Gary's thread on this he said "you probably will have to take the bolt off the shaft the GAS pedal is attatched to, pull the gas pedal off, and rotate it towards the seat on notch in the shaft. this will give you more pedal travel so that the carb will be able to open all the way." http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...or-bypass.html

On my G16 this made the pedal to upright! So I removed the rubber stop/bumper off the back of the pedal and cut the aluminum stop off completely allowing the pedal to go down more. This makes for a better pedal position for normal cruising.

BTW, I like the way it drives without the flatness occurring as the governor kicks in and out.

Chris

Last edited by Snoking; 09-24-2013 at 02:25 PM.. Reason: Additional Info
Old 09-25-2013, 08:43 AM   #9
Snoking
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

How do I get someone to add "/Governor bypass" to this thread title?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha