lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-10-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
mjbrancato
Not Yet Wild

Default Lift Kit for Electric RXV

I am having a hard time deciding which lift kit to use for my cart. My choices are a 6" Jakes Spindle Kit or a Madjax 6" Arm Lift Kit. Any pros or cons you can share? Thanks!

Links for each:

rover.ebaycom/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?campid=5336154569&toolid=10001&mpre=http%3A%2F%2 Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FE-Z-GO-Golf-Cart-Part-6-Jakes-Spindle-Lift-Kit-2008-UP-RXV-ELECTRIC-USA-MADE-%2F181176774379%3Fhash%3Ditem2a2efa2eeb&vxp%3Dmtr"]http://www.ebay.com/itm/E-Z-GO-Golf-Cart-Part-6-Jakes-Spindle-Lift-Kit-2008-UP-RXV-ELECTRIC-USA-MADE-/181176774379?hash=item2a2efa2eeb&vxp=mtr

rover.ebaycom/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?campid=5336154569&toolid=10001&mpre=http%3A%2F%2 Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FLift-Kit-6-A-arm-EZ-GO-RXV-Golf-Carts-%2F300971120815%3Fpt%3DLH_DefaultDomain_0&hash%3Di tem461346d8af"]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lift-Kit-6-A-arm-EZ-GO-RXV-Golf-Carts-/300971120815?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item461346 d8af
mjbrancato is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
Rgvrxv
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Lift Kit for Electric RXV

Before you make any decision, I strongly recommend you look closely at the lift kits sold by Jakes. Their reputation is stellar. They have both 3 and 6 inch spindle lifts for the RXV, as well as a Long travel kit that was recently released. Much of your decisionmaking for which lift to use will depend on what you are going to do with the cart, what size tires you wish to use, etc. Good luck.
Rgvrxv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #3
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have heard the madjax has a rough ride. Mine has a 6" Jakes spindle lift and I am happy as far as a spindle lift goes. Nice thing about drop axle though is you can adjust toe angle of tires. Jakes long travel is expensive and way to wide for the RXV. My gas RXV being built will have the 6" Rhox drop axle lift so I can adjust the cast and camber of the wheels.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #4
vonjet
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2009 RXV electric with Jakes 6" spindle kit and my cart is uncontrollable. I've sent it in for alignment 2x now and nothing has changed. I have 12" fairway elixir alloys on it. I'm not sure what to do with it. Its dangerous right now.
vonjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:07 PM   #5
cgray11
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

What? Please elaborate. Thanks!
cgray11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:52 PM   #6
vonjet
Not Yet Wild

I bought a stock 2009 RXV from a golf course. I installed a brand new 6" jakes lift and 12" Fairway alloy elixir rims. Also had it reprogrammed to go faster.
I clocked it at 26mph. But its pretty much uncontrollable at any speed over 15 mph. It will pull to one side and if you even think about correcting it, it will over correct to that side to the point where it will crash or someone will get thrown off.
I messed with the tow in and I got it to where I could actually drive it full speed but wasn't satisfied with it. So I sent to golf cart shop and they said they aligned it. When it was returned it was worse. So I sent it back. They dropped it back off today and its still the same.
One thing I have noticed about this lift is my front tires are much wider stance than the rear. Not sure if this is normal but either way it not drivable right now.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:11 PM   #7
cgray11
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Oh wow, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm installing a jakes 6" lift this weekend, so that makes me a little nervous. Has anyone else had this problem with a lifted rxv?
cgray11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #8
Jake's Golf Carts
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonjet View Post
I bought a stock 2009 RXV from a golf course. I installed a brand new 6" jakes lift and 12" Fairway alloy elixir rims. Also had it reprogrammed to go faster.
I clocked it at 26mph. But its pretty much uncontrollable at any speed over 15 mph. It will pull to one side and if you even think about correcting it, it will over correct to that side to the point where it will crash or someone will get thrown off.
I messed with the tow in and I got it to where I could actually drive it full speed but wasn't satisfied with it. So I sent to golf cart shop and they said they aligned it. When it was returned it was worse. So I sent it back. They dropped it back off today and its still the same.
One thing I have noticed about this lift is my front tires are much wider stance than the rear. Not sure if this is normal but either way it not drivable right now.
What do you have the toe set at? We recommend 1/8-1/4" toe in. The faster you go the more toe-in you have to run to accommodate the extra speed.
Jake's Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #9
vonjet
Not Yet Wild

I don't now what the toe-in is at now. I had it pretty well toed in when I set it up. That is how I got it to "work" ok. But I could never really get it to drive right that is why I had it sent to the shop. They redid everything and made it worse. I will have to check where its at.
Are the front wheels suppose to be sticking out much wider than the rear?
Old 12-12-2013, 11:51 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Wider stance is normal, lots of guys install wheel spacers to match the rear width closer to the front. The wider stance increases stability. If your tires are under inflated they will be squirrelly at high speeds.
25mph is not recommended on off road tires with 8-12 pounds of air in them.
Hope this helps.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO