lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2014, 04:59 PM   #1
Kize
Not Yet Wild

Default G16 Compression test help

Hello,

I take spark plug out, screw my compression test in, cart is in neutral, push pedal all the way down? Is this correct way, I am getting 150psi doing it this way but I don't know if I am supposed to be putting gas pedal all the way down.

I have read on this forum to push gas pedal down, then 4 revolutions of the starter but I don't know what that means nor how to get revolutions of just the starter?

Can someone tell me if I am doing this correctly, much appreciated.
Kize is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2014, 05:36 PM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 Compression test help

Yep, pedal all the way to the floor. I think 150 is OK...
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:51 PM   #3
Kize
Not Yet Wild

Thx Dave. I'm going to pick out another cart at golf course and am bringing my tester with me. Just wanted to make sure I was doing it correctly.
Kize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:57 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

So far everything sounds good to me.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:00 AM   #5
technoid
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kize View Post
Hello,

I take spark plug out, screw my compression test in, cart is in neutral, push pedal all the way down? Is this correct way, I am getting 150psi doing it this way but I don't know if I am supposed to be putting gas pedal all the way down.

I have read on this forum to push gas pedal down, then 4 revolutions of the starter but I don't know what that means nor how to get revolutions of just the starter?

Can someone tell me if I am doing this correctly, much appreciated.
That was an OK test. But there is a better way to test an engines ability to compress air. Its called a differential compression test.(Leak down test) Its used in the Aircraft field. The tool used is simular to a regulator. 2 gauges are used. One is applied pressure. The other is loss. The piston is kept at TDC compression stroke. Air is applied into the spark plug hole. You can hear where air is leaking. Crank case? Rings. Intake or exhast port? Valves. And this loss is shown on the gauge in Ibs. More than 10% between the gauges means you need engine work. Food for thought
technoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha