lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2008, 12:49 AM   #11
Quadmaster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bad fuel pump?

Oh forgot the manufacture code is B2992, THANKS again
Quadmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2008, 06:35 AM   #12
ruredy
Born Wild

The eh35 is the 350, it will be marked with this at the base of the block also.
With the cart being lifted it puts the engine at an angle, the correct amount of oil (1.5qts) will read low on the dip-stick. At the full mark on the dip-stick the engines have too much oil in them, unless it (dip-stick) has been fixed or is one from an ST. The over full problem leads to a lot of odd issues like engine smoking, blowing oil into air filter. Never heard of the fuel pump leaking oil though. I still would say the only way you'll get oil through that hose is for air thats in it to escape, that's not suppose to happen.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:59 AM   #13
Quadmaster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ruredy, I'm sure it has to much oil in it. I was not aware of that issue with the lift. I will drain it and clean the filter and fill to 1.5 qts. I'm sure it has to much because I toped it off to the full mark on the stick... THANKS Let you know later after..
Old 11-02-2008, 11:20 PM   #14
Quadmaster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok. I cleaned the line out from the crankcase to the pump. Changed the oil and filled it with 1.5 qts. (It was overfilled)Cleaned the oil filter. found the crankcase vent hose to the air box kinked, cleared it. Drove it this weekend at the local races and no more oil leek from the fuel pump THANKS AGAIN..
Old 11-03-2008, 01:17 PM   #15
Subarumouse
Gone Wild

Hello Quadmaster & Ruredy,

Isn't it better to take the pulse for the gaspump from the inlet between the carb and engine?
On my engine, and as far as i know on all 4 stroke racekartengines, its done like this.

This way there cannot come any oil in the pump even when the pistonrings are not so good anymore.

Is your pulsehose coming from the litle bent pipe opening right near the dipstick?
On mine its closed with a litle screw in it.

Benno
Subarumouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:06 PM   #16
ruredy
Born Wild

Hi Benno, I don't know I have never tried it that way. If it works you wouldn't be getting any oil in there. It's a new problem to me, even on wore out engines with lots of blow-by I've never have had oil coming from that hose.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:22 PM   #17
Quadmaster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Subarumouse.. Yes that's where my hose is connected to the engine. So do you think it gets a better pulse signal from the carb plate ?
Old 11-04-2008, 01:58 PM   #18
Subarumouse
Gone Wild

Red face Re: Bad fuel pump?

@ Quadmaster,

Better, i don't know.
But it's impossible to get oil or dirt in the gaspump.
You have to place a nipple in the thickest point of the "tube" between carb and engine, as near as possible to the engine
Drill the hole at the top or at least at the top half of it.
Otherwise it is possible to get gas in the wrong place of your pump, resulting into the same problems as with the oil.

For the best results, try to get the pump as near as possible to the nipple, so use a short vacuum hose.
It also has to be strong enough not to bent and so closing itself.

As far as i know, every car with points in the ignition get's his vacuum this way to set the ignition sooner at higher revs.

I think your oil in the pump isn't pure oil, but the dirt (water/condense, gas & oil) wich normally comes out of the engineventilation.
In dense / moisture periods in combination with long periods of not running & short runningdistances you can get this problem.
Surely in combination with to much gas and bad rings.
Maybe your engineventilation isn't enough open......?

Sorry for the late answer, in the Netherlands it now is 20.00 hours in the evening.
Also for the not always correct english......, i'm only dutch...

Benno
Subarumouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:53 PM   #19
Quadmaster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

No problem thanks for the good information, I will look at my cart this weekend and see how hard this modification will be to make. Thanks again
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO