lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2015, 09:58 AM   #11
Cardiac69
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1982 36v DS Speed Control issue?

A little delayed response....lol It turns out that the master solenoid was stuck. Replaced that and all was fine, except that I did have a stuck micro-switch; the 3rd one. So it would drain the battery when sitting. Got the Micro-switch kit.

I put the switch kit in last weekend now that it is warming up a little here in NW Indiana. All wires are re-connected as in the service manual, and confirmed with pictures I took. When I press on the accelerator pedal, I can hear all of the solenoids kicking in one-by-one. However, the cart doesn't move. No forward or reverse. All batteries are at full charge. This is the only thing that I have done. Nothing changes when moving into forward or reverse.

Coincidence that the motor went bad? Any "ghost" that crops up quite often? I am going to start with my voltmeter on the motor to see if power is getting there. Any other ideas would be awesome.

And Happy Easter!

Bob
Cardiac69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2015, 03:28 PM   #12
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Let us know what you find with the voltmeter. A broken coil perhaps? Maybe a bad or broken connection at the motor?
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:53 PM   #13
Cardiac69
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well, I got the service manual out and the voltmeter. Batteries are at a total of 38 volts..... First, all solenoids are working properly; they each kick in at the appropriate time. Ran through all of the tests on the F-N-R switch and it passed just fine. The master solenoid test was fine. 55-60 ohms resistance on the coils. Did the motor armature test and it is fine. I just cannot get any current TO the motor.

Again, the cart ran fine last fall when it was put away for the winter. All we did was change the microswitchs for the solenoids. Even took it back off the frame rail and ran them by hand.

Beats me....dang it.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:13 PM   #14
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I know you have checked them but a coil could have test good and just be touching good enough for the test and not a load. Just a chance.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 05:07 AM   #15
Cardiac69
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hmm. I guess I can get my hand back there and wiggle them. Is there any better way to test the coils other than the resistance test I did?
Old 04-06-2015, 06:51 AM   #16
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Don't touch them when running cart, they may bite. Just shift them side to side to make sure they are connected all the way across. With all power off.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:27 AM   #17
Cardiac69
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Don't touch them when running cart, they may bite. Just shift them side to side to make sure they are connected all the way across. With all power off.
I would probably welcome getting zapped by them, as at least I knew I had power back there!
Old 04-21-2015, 08:36 AM   #18
Cardiac69
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Still haven't figured it out. I threw in the towel and am going to take it to the Club Car dealer we have here. I KNOW it is something simple, such as a wire with a break in it that I can't see, etc. I have tested everything....... Thanks for all of your help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car