lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2014, 09:43 PM   #1
Fltmedic
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Voltage reducer + marine power panel?

I recently purchased a marine panel from Academy Sports to use in conjunction with my voltage reducer.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/171335965030?nav=SEARCH
http://m.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stor...er+power+panel

I was originally looking for a blue seas fuse block and came across the panel. My question is, will this work in lieu of the fuse block? It has a fuse for each marine switch with a two wire system and it has the 12v power socket which is why I picked it up. It's going in a 1998 EZ GO TXT with a 400A Alltrax controller, HD FnR, and upgraded cables. Planning on putting an LED light bar, led interior lt, radio, and winch. Also was planning on putting an inline switch for the reducer for on/off, don't think this panel will work, what switch do y'all recommend?
Fltmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2014, 11:40 PM   #2
Fltmedic
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Voltage reducer + marine power panel?

After some searching discovered the reducer will not power the winch, gonna do an aux battery with this panel. I will wire the winch direct to aux battery. Should make life easier.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:40 AM   #3
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

An auxiliary 12v is the only way to fly! Doubly so if you're using a winch.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 08:05 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

It depends on the application.

If you run a wench, or tying to squeeze every last mile of range out of the main battery pack, an auxiliary battery is the only way to go, but other than that, a voltage reducer (DC to DC converter) will probably do the job and the charging process is simpler.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 10:04 AM   #5
Fltmedic
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The winch is gonna pull more than 25A so if I'm gonna get an aux battery is rather run just it. Already have an additional battery charger which will now get some use. I plan on using the panel to connect my other accessories to. Thanks for the replies.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:08 AM   #6
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Since the winch comes with nice, heavy supply cable, I ran it from the battery to the hollow behind the cupholders. I then used the lugs on the contactor to supply my fuse block and power the stereo, lighting, power outlets, strobes and all. It works slick and saves a lot of wire stringing.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO